Prayut Asks Taxi Operators Not To Take Advantage Of Passengers

waerth

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSEV5801240010001

BANGKOK, 24 Jan 2015, (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged taxi operators not to take advantages of passengers, referring to the infamous case involving a cab driver at Suvarnabhumi Airport and a Japanese tourist that has gone viral on the social media.

During his weekly broadcast program ‘Return the Happiness to the People,’ the General talked about the government’s attempt to reorganize Suvarnabhumi Airport's taxi services. According to him, an advance queue management system is used at the airport in order to eliminate the problems of taxi drivers choosing passengers.

The number of complaints on driver's failure to turn on the meter or turning down passengers has increased, said the Prime Minister, adding that the airport has set up taxi checkpoints at Gate 1-8 since January 19th. Staff at checkpoints are to make sure that all cab drivers turn on their meters, and to inspect passenger’s queue tickets. Passengers are also advised to keep their tickets during the entire trip and not to give it them to the drivers.

General Prayut also asked all cab drivers not to take advantage of passengers, and to turn on the fare meter every time the cab is in service; most importantly, they must not turn down any passengers, be they Thais or foreigners.

BANGKOK, 24 Jan 2015, (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged taxi operators not to take advantages of passengers, referring to the infamous case involving a cab driver at Suvarnabhumi Airport and a Japanese tourist that has gone viral on the social media.

During his weekly broadcast program ‘Return the Happiness to the People,’ the General talked about the government’s attempt to reorganize Suvarnabhumi Airport's taxi services. According to him, an advance queue management system is used at the airport in order to eliminate the problems of taxi drivers choosing passengers.

The number of complaints on driver's failure to turn on the meter or turning down passengers has increased, said the Prime Minister, adding that the airport has set up taxi checkpoints at Gate 1-8 since January 19th. Staff at checkpoints are to make sure that all cab drivers turn on their meters, and to inspect passenger’s queue tickets. Passengers are also advised to keep their tickets during the entire trip and not to give it them to the drivers.

General Prayut also asked all cab drivers not to take advantage of passengers, and to turn on the fare meter every time the cab is in service; most importantly, they must not turn down any passengers, be they Thais or foreigners. - See more at: http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSEV5801240010001#sthash.xuJWAauv.dpuf

BANGKOK, 24 Jan 2015, (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged taxi operators not to take advantages of passengers, referring to the infamous case involving a cab driver at Suvarnabhumi Airport and a Japanese tourist that has gone viral on the social media. - See more at: http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSEV5801240010001#sthash.xuJWAauv.dpuf

General Prayut also asked all cab drivers not to take advantage of passengers, and to turn on the fare meter every time the cab is in service; most importantly, they must not turn down any passengers, be they Thais or foreigners. - See more at: http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSEV5801240010001#sthash.xuJWAauv.dpuf

We played for him 2 times. He never smiled, he never flinched. He just sat down looking grumpy while everyone around him was having fun.

*knock knock knock*

Whom is that knocking at my door??

Anyway, with him as PM at least my record stays a perfect strike! I have played for every PM since Chuan Leekpai (they were not necassarily pm at the moment we played for them).

Chuan Leekpai, Thaksin Shinawatra, Sondhi with the difficult name the coup pm, Samak Sunda....., Somchai Wongsawat, Abhisit Veja....., Yingluck Shinawatra and Prayuth. I have met them all in person, some of them more than once. I doubt any of them remember me though. I also played for most of the other "players" in the circus like: Sudarat (BuBi's friend), Chalerm Yaboomrung and extended family, most members of the royal family (but not his majesty the king though went to Siriraj hospital 3 times with the Thai Comedy Association to wish him well) etc. etc. etc.

And now back to the OP.

Sudarat (BuBi's friend),

:shhh:

I don't know if it was him but the greatest blessing in later human history is that they seem to have removed all the vendors from the sidewalk at Suk at daytime . As much as I like them at nighttime .

Instead of getting engaged into major activities like ‘Return the Happiness to the People,’ quality tourist BiBi would already be satisfied if they reestablish access to taxis from departure level .

I flew down from Chiang Mai arriving at Don Muang Thursday evening about 7:30

and headed down for a Taxi.. The area was swarming with tourists and locals alike..all three ques were super long-

Had to be 30 minutes or more

Took the escalator up to departures and got a cab in about 3 minutes.

Good kid and tipped him well

Still can do... :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

all this taxi talk reminded me of Geronimo, a taxi driver from one of my long ago visits, an excerpt:

"So my look sow, wants a mobile, having got it into my head that Seacon Square may offer better prices than MBK, I google a little map. Looks simple, On Nut BTS station, down that road and up that road, I could do a short walk. As it happens when I got there I was hot and bothered so I grabbed a cab, and that's when I met Geronimo.

Geronimo was the cab driver, about ninety years old, wizened, consumptive, dissolute and sporting a pair of coke bottle bottom glasses that serve to collect light for his eyes. Yes he knew Seacon Square, so off we go. At considerable speed. And with agility not becoming of a middle aged Toyota.

The coke bottle bottom glasses appeared to be helping him navigate, and whilst I thought that he was taking me to wherethefuckarewe? I then noticed the Soi 77 sign from the little map and concluded we were in for a longer trip than I had first thought. As we turned into Soi 77, barely on 4 wheels, scattering motor cycles in all directions, he started talking to me in Thai, one coke bottle bottom glass lens on me and one coke bottle bottom glass lens on the road, two different directions, like a chameleon. I didn't know what he was saying. He didn't appear to be too excited so I didn't worry.

Hang on we've been past that building before! Whoaa! huge high speed u turn between two trucks and then we were there. Now that was exciting.

Had a look around the mobiles at Seacon and concluded that MBK was the place for me.

Taxi to Seacon Square with Geronimo 110 bht. Return taxi to On Nut with a regular driver, 60 bht."