Disillusionment

Just my own personal observation, I notice some board members not all of course, appear disillusioned with Thailand as it is today.

Some appear to me, to miss and come to terms, that the cheap boys own sort of Thailand warrior lifestyle, of 20 years ago has changed. Still exsisting, but now costing a lot more for " fun and enjoyment ", and calls of " hansum man " less loud.

I was wondering if this is the real underlying reason, for this apparent disillusionment with Thailand.

The fuckity things fucked

To quote a movie I once saw.

I hate Bangkok, always have, loved living in a remote village,always will, but Thailand is moving backwards at a great rate.

Many other countries in the region have worked out having a thriving middle class is good, leaving all the money in the hands of the elite is bad.

Except Thailand

" In my opinion Thailand has never understood how to embrace others. It would rather alienate them."

Perhaps, ..... the Australian aborigines never understood how to embrace others either, only difference they were the ones that were alienated.

What the fark are you talking about? Australian aborigines? The white settlers and british invaded their lands, in Tasmania exterminated nearly all the aborigines living there, and drove any aboriginal living on good land away from it.

Aborigines pretty much did little to antagonize the invaders, welcoming them often.

Australia didn't allow aborigines to vote until 67/68,

And until very recently, removed children from parents, destroying families and creating unending grief.

If any people couldn't embrace others, it's been the white Australians.

Do you just things without thinking or to deliberately appear as a typical Thai racist?

???????????????????????? Point I was trying to make, anyone else agree I wrote this incorrectly to be misunderstood

Correction : Aborigines living in Australia

Sorry my English is not as good as yours, I clearly wrote this in way that was unclear to you ...

" Do you just things without thinking or to deliberately appear as a typical Thai racist? "

What on earth on are you talking about ? unbelieveable how any comment I make, some then turn into a personal insult.

Maybe everyone is right, that because I try to hold a balance on the country I am proud to live, I am the scapegoat of posters on this board.

I think the time has come, to leave this board and thank everyone ... Chok dee

•  

What the fark are you talking about? Australian aborigines? The white settlers and british invaded their lands, in Tasmania exterminated nearly all the aborigines living there, and drove any aboriginal living on good land away from it.

etc etc ect

Quite right, the near annihilation of the 'Aborigines in Aus, was nothing to do with being accepting or accommodating, it was all down to the Brits (Queen Vic) attempting to wipe them out. WWI was Queen Vics cousins/progeny having a turf war.

???????????????????????? Point I was trying to make, anyone else agree I wrote this incorrectly to be misunderstood

Correction : Aborigines living in Australia

Sorry my English is not as good as yours, I clearly wrote this in way that was unclear to you ...

Your post came across like this - That Aborigines in Aus may have been not accepting of foreigners and it got them all but annihilated, but that Thais in being not accepting of foreigners, have somehow done something good.

This may not have been what you meant and I for one don't subscribe to this view, but that's how you post read.

• Like 1