Bridge/River Kwai

F.J., we're hijacking this thread again. smile.gif

LOL but what makes you think that?

In fact if the majority of Japanese gals didn't trim their pussy fuzz, the hairs would be dangling down to their ankles. I would say that about 50% of the Japanese birds I shagged whilst living there (and I laid a fair deal of piping during that decade ) shaved their pubes if not completely then at least down each side (so no "strays" were hanging out of the bikiki leg holes).

just my experience when discussing with my Japanese colleagues. They all told me that they don't like shaved girls. I don't know where you were 'playing' during your stay in Japan but I can assure you that I did not find many girls over here who were shaved. Trimmed yes, but shaved?? As for the trimming I agree it's necessary because otherwise..smile.gif (see above)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jp1,

Point taken. This is a "sanuk" board after all, so we really should pack in our heavy, serious, solemn debate re. Japanese pussy fuzz and let the other jokers get back to their trivial, laugh-a-minute, light-hearted jesting about war and torture and the past. (LOL smile.gif)

I was all over the place in Japan wink.gif, but mostly Osaka and Tokyo.

I suppose it boils down to that timeworn philosophical conundrum: when does a trim become a shave?

j wink.gif

• 3 months later...

Yes i have been in Kanchanaburi and saw the bridge of teh river Kwai. there is mostly tourist from Israel there and from Korea. i was there and visit a friend that has a GF there and he showed me around a bit, also did some golfing there and think its ok to play golf there it was not so expensive at all and the courses are in good shape. i stayed at Phoneix hotel, the first thing i noticed in Kanchanaburi is that they dont ahve any part of town that is an BAR area its rather spread out and if you looking for girls then this place is not for you.

Escape rabitt says

"No, the bridge was not destroyed by an elite brit force on the day it opened. it operated for years despite occasional bombings. No, the brits did not have to teach Japan how to build a bridge. "

no tehy had to rebuild the bridge several times cause it got destryed all the time, also it was English prisoners of war that build it all the time, go see the war cemetary i think thats included in the tour. i was never on a tour but i did go see them..... go there first and then make an opinion and statement about this. or else its a heck of a story to make up with all stuff they have there.

I believe the guys who built it were British, and Dutch Quite a few of them in the cemetry as well. There were a few Americans as well, but the story goes that President Lyndon Johnson had their bodies brought home. Don't know if that part is true or not. Absolutely nothing in the famous move "bridge on the River Kwai" is true, except for there is a bridge and a river. Movies like this are an insult to those who endured, and to the intelligence of everyone else. And they wonder why we Americans have such a screwed up view of history. Other than that, great place, go check it out!!

I believe the bridge in the center of town is the "second" bridge. the "first or real" bridge is up or down river a small way, and was destroyed by an allied bombing. I believe boats can take you to see it. Also of interest is a ride on the rail line there, missed this, but will go again.

Also of interest is a ride on the rail line there, missed this, but will go again.

----------------------

Ahaha, i remember we were at the bridge, with zillion of japanese and chinese tourists, and some train went by very slowly, my GF said to hop on it, I though "hey, where is this going?", but sometimes you just don't say no to her, so here we are, and it was no little tourist ride, the train was on its way and would not stop until 30 or 40 minutes later! I have a video shot of my Gf asking anxiously with her eyes "where are we going?" and me answering "don't ask me, you're the one who said GO!". Finally as it stopped, we had to run on the tracks to get the one going the other way (our way). It was fun!

• 3 months later...

The tours from BKK are way over priced. It's easy and cheap to do the bulk of the travel etc yourself. I've been on a tour from BKK and I've also done it indepentently.

From the Southren Bus Station in BKK you pay 70 baht for an air-con Bus ticket. You're in Kanchanaburi in less than 2 hours, roughly 90 minutes.

From the bus station you can get a motorbike taxi or a sawngthaew to the area closer to the bridge. There are a few good guesthouses there... The Jolly Frog, with rooms from 70 baht to 250 baht (for a double ensuite), it's really good value. Also the VN.

The Jolly Frog is right on the river... if you go up to reception they'll arange a boat to pick you up at the back of the guesthouse and take you on tours around the river... cemetaries etc.

Opposite the Jolly Frog is a tour agency that arranges reasonably priced day tours... death railway with elephant trekking, rafting etc... but if you just want to do the Death railway then you can do it yourself, just buy a train ticket... really cheap!!

Good luck.

As an afterthought: if you head 70kms up the track towards Sangkhlaburi and the 3 Pagoda's pass, you can go to Hell Fire Pass, which was one of the more brutal parts of the railway.

There's far fewer tourists and very beautiful unspoilt country side. You can walk the railway along a 5km trail through the passes and cuttings hewn from rocks and jungle. Its a totally different vibe to Kanchanaburi's bridge, and I think a lot more rewarding too.

"As an afterthought: if you head 70kms up the track towards Sangkhlaburi and the 3 Pagoda's pass, you can go to Hell Fire Pass, which was one of the more brutal parts of the railway.

There's far fewer tourists and very beautiful unspoilt country side. You can walk the railway along a 5km trail through the passes and cuttings hewn from rocks and jungle. Its a totally different vibe to Kanchanaburi's bridge, and I think a lot more rewarding too. "

I went on a tour which combined the Hell fire pass with a trip with boats on the river, and a visit to caves. I also found this far more interesting than the bridge.

I think the tour company was called "good time tours" or something like that. Might have been the same as Fidel mentioned. Good value for the money.

Cheers!

Archived