Irish Slaves In America

Flashermac

Few people know just how badly aboriginals treated and families systematically separated with little hope of re-union. Even today Australians complain aboriginals get too much. Given the aboriginals only got the right to vote in 1966, and had been set up never to go to University, college, etc, their chances of success remain low. Their original culture destroyed, their family life destroyed, no wonder they turn to drink and drugs, I would most likely do the same in their position.

I am ashamed to say, the American Negro's had far better conditions to succeed, with I think since 1880's dedicated universities, graduates, doctors etc, and have done well in a country with severe apartheid against them.

Few people overseas understand that Australia has been in many places worse than the USA,

If you want to know just how severe Australia can be, then look no further than the story of Peter Norman, who was on the podium with Smith and Carlos for the Black Power salute.

Few people know of his part in the event, and how he supported Carlo and Smith. Have a read here, http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/24/sport/olympics-norman-black-power/

But note how Australia treated him. He was banned from the Australian team for Munich, even though his time would have won gold, even though he ran 6 times meeting the speed needed to qualify. Australia "forgot" to invite him to the Sydney Olympics, where his time in 1968, would have won gold even in 2000! What a runner, who because he supported quietly two Black Power USA advocates was shunned forever.

Australia continues today to be a shameful racist country.

I was drinking with some Aussies in Sydney one night many years ago, when one of them asked me what I thought about black folks. I thought meant in the U.S.A. Turned out he meant aboriginals, and he proceeded to tell me how they were discriminated against. Until then I'd had no idea that they were. He was quite embarrassed by it.

I was drinking with some Aussies in Sydney one night many years ago, when one of them asked me what I thought about black folks. I thought meant in the U.S.A. Turned out he meant aboriginals, and he proceeded to tell me how they were discriminated against. Until then I'd had no idea that they were. He was quite embarrassed by it.

> ...what I thought about black folks...

Answer: everybody should have one...OK, I'll sit down and wait for my well deserved flaming :dunno:

• Like 1

What do the Irish in America and the Abo's is Aus both have in common?

BRITS!

Now who is embarrassed about their nationality?

I don't think the Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch etc were very much different in their own colonial ventures. Greed was the dominant factor, regardless of any pretense to be spreading civilisation or the "faith".

I was at a Money Gram place yesterday, happened to be in a suburb in Auckland that is well known for retired English and SA folk. The

Indian chap was having a some issues with the system. A lady in the queue behind us, "It's not like it's complicated...", her attendant gentleman friend, "Bloody Indian Time!".

Racism, alive and well, sad, sad sad fuckers. :dunno:

• Like 1

The Spanish screwed up out of all of South America they missed Brazil, the Portuguese were partying up on Copa Cabbana beach laughing their nuts off.

The Cloggies went the wrong way and ended up in the East Indies (Indonesia) at least the Brits found ganja and reggae in the west indies.

As for the French, well less said about them the better.