I know little of 'Lamphun'. Yes, I can and will google it. :applause: But, right now, I know very little. :clown:

All I know is it's up north country, and a Thai bird I've known for many years (but never shagged, exceptionally enough :nono:) has just moved there (it's her family home, I presume). :hmmm:

And she is asking me to visit her. She knows I'll be in BKK at Xmas and e-mailed me asking me to swing by Lamphun. :chinaman:

She lived in BKK for over ten years. She wasn't ever a tuppenny tart or bargirl (yes, yes, I know... but I've known her for over a decade and never seen any signs of hookerism, active or latent: she waited tables in 'respectable' restaurants. :angel:

She is a good woman. I regard her as a friend. I got a severe and sudden middle-ear infection a good few summers ago in Bangkok, pretty brutal, :doah: and she took me to Bumrungrad hospital, waited while I was examined, and even paid for my treatment (and the taxi, and medicine) even though it made her late for work (I didn't have any cash or cards on me. I paid her back later that day, but she trusted me, and that's what remains). :up:

She's not asking me for anything. She's a lovely woman, kind and cheerful. I'd love to see her, so I want to know about Lamphun. Any advice and/or comments gratefully received. :hug:

There might be a shag at the end of it if I play my cards right, like. Yes, of course I was thinking that. :relieved:

jack :help:

I've driven through it on the way from Chiang Mai to Nong Khai.

It's just south of Chiang Mai, I didn't see a lot from the road, hilly, mountainous even. Nothing remarkable from the road, picturesque is my impression. Stopped for lunch, basic Thai food.

Sorry to have not had more info.

Coss

• Like 1

Jack

Get thee to Lamphun. Very very nice .I have good Thai friends there and have also done business there for many years.

Its a lovely quiet ,ancient town with some night life over near the schools I stay at a "resort"just inside town-called the Grand Jamjuree-

with separate bungalows centered around some small ponds.-nice clean but a funky breakfast..

The town itself was the center of the Haripunchai kingdom and is very important in Thai history and art-Nice Museums -very important temples

Lamphun is famous throughout Thailand for its BEAUTIFUL WOMEN :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba::grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

I will be there in January

• Like 1

Thanks, lads: you done me proud. Fair rekindled my unbeatable faith in this board and the pilgrim souls that flock to its giving and generous light, like kindly good moths to a warm and bright and friendly flame. :hug:

Lamphun does indeed look very worth a visit. I will endeavor to do so. Perhaps not at Xmas, my Thai-time then being of limited essence; hopefully early next year. :up:

jack :help: