Drunk Drivers

http://www.bangkokpo...m-drunk-drivers

I don't mind in the slightest someone having a drink and having a good time. However one thing I have no sympathy for is a drunk who ever they are, who wants to drive putting my life and everyone else's life in danger. ...

Over the holiday period, our local police were very much out in force. Did hear about one farang who was caught on a bike, ending up in the police cells. Police wanted 20,000 baht .... He insisted he was a poor English teacher, with a family to support and only had 2,500 baht. I believe he was released after a very long night after paying this amount. Had it been me, he would have stayed there .... Thais who have been caught have paid a lot more ..

What absolute nonsence, you misunderstand my meaning and want too for some reason ...My view is fines should be high for all drunk driving who ever it is and the farangs fine was inapproriatey too low ... If you think 2,500 is a high enough fine for anyone for drunk driving I don't think so, if you regard that as a problem then so be it ..

" You are the petfect example of why Thailand is a failed countey."

I know you can't spell, and have difficulty in reading, but I not hold that against you, since you troll my posts anyway, I might as well unblock you, as your so stupid as to be funny, at least I can have a laugh ...

Methinks there is confusion here, a bribe and a fine are NOT the same thing. Paying a bribe to be let out of gaol is wrong, then again restraint by gaol without due process is also wrong. Judged of a crime and paying of a fine, and/or a gaol term, determined through due process is an appropriate and proper way to administer punishment.

Now the degree of fine or otherwise is of course open to determination but should be equal in all cases and certainly not within the jurisdiction of the police. Where there are no other compounding crimes and the offender is a non-resident foreigner I would suggest ejecting them from the country with an appropriate ban on returning. If a resident then treatment as per Thai nationals would seem only proper.

Everyone talks about bribes, can anyone tell me the last time they bribed the police. If you have a receipt it is not a bribe ....

Yes, you can opt to go to court, if you don't want to pay a fine on the spot, the choice is yours ... The best idea would be to make it harder to attempt to bribe a police officer, with a term in jail for anyone attempting to do so ...

Anyway back to my point, the fine for drink driving should be the same for everyone Thai or farang, I cannot say this any other way, and in my opinion the fine for the farang was not harsh enough at 2,500 baht even if it had been a Thai. Sorry to those that cannot understand this simple statement, and read into it something else ..