Price Of Beer

Coss

Beer and Smokes are so cheap in VN. definately not the place for a recovering alcoholic is trying to pack up smoking to go to.

I now know how communism works, make beer so cheap the populace are too drunk to notice, I will drink to that HIC!

• Like 1

I declined to mention the fact that beer in business class lounges is free in fear of being accused of being a pretentious twat, not as if that has ever concerned me in the past. Client pays anyway hehe.

As a fully pretentious twat while traveling - when I can both live my VIP fantasies by sitting in biz class and visiting lounges, before returning to Normal Dude Who Travels A Bit status - I recently hit a Priority Pass associated lounge that had - fucking gasp - limits on free drinks (not related to 'has fallen down and cannot stand up" issues). Appalling, offensive, irrational, puritanical! This kind of thinking ends up with the Pope prohibiting The Pill wherever he can - just being a dick because he can. The fuckers. Airport biz lounges are good for virtually nothing, except: a sense of superiority enjoyed by the user; better aircon; possible newspapers on hand; lay-down seats; computer terminals attached to a broken printer; some embarrassing food that reflects poorly on whatever country is associated... and motherfucking $20 worth of drinks that I've in effect paid thousands for one way or another! Don't take that away from us; those slices of "meat" and "cheese" under a heat lamp already humiliate both of us enough...

Now, biz lounges with smoking areas? Can be brutal - but the fact that half the visitors are in that tiny miserable corner means maybe you should give a little more space to the carcinogenically-inclined amongst us... If you can put an aircraft in the sky, and then figure out with very good reliability how to feces from the people on that plane projected out into space or wherever, you can blow a little smoke out of a room in an airport... Use fan and AC technology - and if that fails, put the TSA jackasses on punkah wallah duty, it can be worked out somehow...

• Like 1

Airports are always pang mark. Hence why I lounge it :)

Unfortunately Qantas don't have a lounge in KL. There is apparently some shared facility available but couldn't be arsed looking for it.

I'm flying so much currently I have Platinum/gold on two different networks (QANTAS and Thai) and silver on Virgin.

Am triple platinum and two silvers (almost three) ... Qatar, Turkish and KLM Platinum and Thai and Emirates silver and Hong Kong airlines almost silver :p