Uk Embassy Land Sale Put At B18Bn

Flashermac

Do you remember the old embassy grounds? They were beautiful and I loved to go there for the annual Ploenchit Fair. The embassy has been on the site since right after WW I. It was actually outside the city when they moved there, bought the land from Nai Lert - the white buses guy. It's bizarre enough as it is now, when you have to sort of sneak in through a secret entrance next to a shopping mall. Maybe next they can add an obstacle course you have to work your way through to reach the embassy services, giving you a map and a compass.

I've not needed to go there in years. I think the last time was to register my son's birth, that was 13 plus years ago now. Wife's visit visas are done through that awful meat grinder vfs service. It was nice when I used to go and get my passport replaced there, now they don't allow blank passports out of the UK.

Hi,

"now they don't allow blank passports out of the UK."

Does that mean you have to fly back to the UK whenever you need a new passport?

Sanuk!

No in Thailand and Vietnam it is handled by an outsource company VFS Global.

Need the usual Application Form, 2 Photographs, proof of residence, colour photocopy of every passport page etc plus the fee.

I was expecting an nightmare, the pessimist I am, renewing in Ha Noi earlier this year, submitted my paperwork on a Friday, all checked and verified by VFS and was sent to UK via DHL there and then. I was allowed to keep my current passport for ID purposes / support TRC and Work Permit, internal flights and hotel bookings if required etc if required but not allowed to leave the country.

17 days later got an email from VFS Ha Noi informing me that new passport was available for collection, when I had verified all details were correct was my current passport "Clipped" Totally painless and a lot smoother than expected

Replacing Residence Card and Work Permit was another issue but had nothing to do UK Passport Office.

I have heard similar stories from BKK, in fact there are a couple of YOUTUBE vids about renewing in Thailand