Wifi for iPhone

Flashermac

Mr Thickie again. I want to get wifi for my phone. So my question is, do I have to use True, the same as my phone sim, or can I use another service? AIS has been recommended to me as cheap and usuable, but there is no way I want to switch servors. I've have the same phone number for 20 or so years and am not about to give that up, will all the problems that would involve.

3 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Mr Thickie again. I want to get wifi for my phone. So my question is, do I have to use True, the same as my phone sim, or can I use another service? AIS has been recommended to me as cheap and usuable, but there is no way I want to switch servors. I've have the same phone number for 20 or so years and am not about to give that up, will all the problems that would involve.

I use AIS data, 99 baht a week. Works good, never had any issues.

14 hours ago, Flashermac said:

I think you are confusing cellular data with wifi.  https://www.wonderoftech.com/wi-fi-vs-cellular-data/

• Thanks 1

You mean you want a data package? 3G/4G. This is data available on your phone when you are outside with no nearby wi-fi acces point (home, Starbucks, McD's etc.)

Unless you have a dual sim phone then you will be tied to choosing a data package from the provider whose sim card you use. If you have a dual sim phone then you can get a second sim card, real or virtual depending on the phone, and have two numbers from different providers using one for phone calls and the other for data.

Wi-Fi is a whole different connection and provided you have the logon details you can connect (usually for free).

Think of your phone as having 3 different radios in it, one for calls and sms, one for data, 3G/4G whatever, and one for wi-fi. Depending on device complexity and price point there might be more than this but each of those three services and systems is essentially separate.

\

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking the other day, that we might be reaching peak Millennial/SnowFlake/Foof

I've already seen instances of young people, not being able to follow a youtube vid, because they don't know how to hold a hammer or a screwdriver, for example.

I've seen articles from marketing types bemoaning the dying off, of people with skills and experience.

So having made us over 50s, redundant and pushed us to the back of the money queue, just when we're looking at passing peacefully, in the night sometime next month, they'll haul us all out again, blinking into the light, to tell them what they, won't listen to, today.

Have a look at the advertising for the new iPad, which is all selfies, block colours and Faff. Tell me if I'm wrong -https://www.apple.com/ipad-10.2/

Jot.png.99409f1183eb934fadd274a583882e3e.png