Thai Air alert. watch fine print

buffalo_bill

Travellers ,

on Monday the 10th of June I arrived at the airport of Rangoon/Burma at exactly 9:30 am only to find out that my flight back to Bangkok had been closed already. Nervous breakdown and offer to pay 100 USD extra did not help. ( The latter an unbelievable miracle ). Reason : timetable shows departure 10:20 , but plane leaves 10:05 and who looks in the ticket. Plane leaves 10:05 every day.

Wednesday planning to take TG 142 to Chiang Rai but is only in the timetable, does not exist in flying version.

Friday want to climb on board TG920 to Frankfurt but plane overbooked. Said to Miss Thai I had a firm booking and where is my boarding card. She explained because I changed my flight back from Rangoon to Bangkok from Sunday evening to Monday morning ( which I then missed ) , all following reservations cancelled. Lesson learned : even if you are not a no-show but just change any previous sector, everything that follows is dead unless you tell them to keep as is.

cheers

bb

Lesson learned : even if you are not a no-show but just change any previous sector, everything that follows is dead unless you tell them to keep as is.

Yes, that's the normal procedure with almost all airlines.

• 4 weeks later...

jp1,

and now comes something that is probably not the normal procedure : I have written to Thai Air complaining ( politely ) about their misleading timetable and was expecting a prefabricated bullshit letter . Wrong . Yesterday received personalised explanation and voucher of 300 USD for compensation. After all good business.

cheers

Yesterday received personalised explanation and voucher of 300 USD for compensation. After all good business.

whow, this is generous. Maybe that's the difference btw. European/American and customer minded prime Asian carriers.

>Yesterday received personalised explanation and voucher of 300 USD for compensation. After all good business.

>whow, this is generous. Maybe that's the difference btw. European/American and customer minded prime Asian carriers.

A few days ago read a short piece of news in Bangkok Post (or was it the Nation) about Thai Air having a big public "We are sorry" seremony for dissatisfied customers. From the piece I understood that they have not been taking good care of their customers and as a result have lost business. Now they are working hard to get their reputation and customers back.

Wagner

Similar experience on Emirates. They failed to load special meal on one sector and sent me vouchers equivalent to US$ 80 with apology. On British Airways etc-forget it!

Archived