Bloody accident on Asia Highway: Fortune teller killed

Coss

A tragic accident occurred midday yesterday in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya province, resulting in the death of a 61 year old fortune teller. En route to visit both her daughter and ailing mother in Bangkok, her motorbike taxi was struck by an 18-wheel truck whilst crossing between parallel lanes.

According to the investigating officer, Chaiwat Tiphsotti, the accident happened on Asia Highway, in front of Wat Inkalaya, Kilometre 35, Ban Li sub-district, Bang Pa-In district. The deceased, known as Kanok-on, hailed from the Bang Pa-In market, close to the accident scene. Her scattered remains, along with a handbag and a bag of clothes, formed a grisly scene, found about 50 metres from the crash site. Nearby, the number plate 1กก1443 Honda Wave motorbike lay toppled...

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/bloody-accident-on-asia-highway-fortune-teller-killed

_____

She didn't see that coming.

Meanwhile I've bought lotto tickets with the numbers 1443 and 61 and 18 and 35 and 50.

• 2 weeks later...

I know 2 people who had bike accidents last week.

One in Phnom Penh, who was taken out by a drunk Chinese in a SUV and didn't survive.

Another in Buriram who looks like he might lose his leg. The guy who hit him also on a bike didn't survive.

As I get older, people are dropping like flies, but when there is a connection, even 2nd or third hand like this, I get sad.

Not something I'd have ever admitted to when younger.

But I guess with age, comes not only wisdom, but compassion.