US Dollar falling fast

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not if you have Eurostocks than you're in the same boat as Americans.

IMHO,As for the Euro...look for much higher than parity. Try 138 to the dollar by 2005. Gold will be cheap at $450 a oz.

The good news is looks like the economy is improving in Thailand and is much better than the States or Euroland if you live here. The Baht in my opinion will be back to 35 to the dollar in the next 6 months.

Around 3 years ago it was 37 baht to the US$. Then it started climbing. I'd be delighted if it got back to 25 to the US$ again, the way it was before the '97 crash. Not much chance of that though -- and my money here is almost all in baht. :-(

the fact thare are almost no penalties in the US for white collar crime ( World Com, Enron, Stewart et al ) is the ruin of the US stock market & eventually the entire economy. Lawyers & accountants are going to the the ruin of this wonderful society.

Steal $100M in the US, get a talkshow talking about, steal $20. & get 20 years.

The fact that vice president Cheny is under investigation for accounting fraud instigated during his tenure at Halliburton

is reflective of the level of amoral behavior prevelant in the US business world.

I almost enjoy watching Sharon bit(h slap Bush on a daily basis. It's a pleasure to watch a man manhandle a learning disabled boy.

Good to see Tony separate from Bush spouting Sharons policys.

Pegged? The baht has been rising against the dollar for months.

It finally punched out support at 42, next supports at 41.6 and 41.45 -- both weak. See you in the basement as there may be no stopping until 38 or so.

Can someone please do something about it?

Although I live in Thailand & Work in Thailand, I still have a US$ contract.

This is eating into my fun-budget!

Help please!!!!

The Baht isn't pegged to the dollar - hasn't been pegged since 1997. Saw recently that the 6-month forward rate was around 42... So no big changes predicted in the near term. However, since when have analysts been good at predicting currency movements? smile.gif

Okay, that's actually a little brain teaser. Assuming there are 3 currencies -- A, B and C -- and none of them are pegged, not to each other or anything else. They all float.

Knowing this, we can probably discount the odds that a non-pegged currency will remain unchanged either in the short term or longer.

Now, I think, that accepting that, you'll always have two currencies strengthening and one weakening, or vice versa.

If A strengthens over B, and A strengthens over C, it has little impact [probably] on the relationship between B and C. Let's make it easy and say that B strengthens over C as well.

Thus A and B are both going up and C is going down. A would be gaining faster than B.

The reason it works like this is that a currency [in this case, B] can gain ground against one other [C] while at the same time losing strength versus a third [A].

I think this is the correct explanation.

If you actually make the THB-EUR-USD conversions all on one graph, you'll see that they have correspondences sometimes and wander about like free-range chickns at others.

Archived