The Return of Khun Short-Time (part 4)

short-time

December 9th, 2023 (NEW)

Greetings Gentlemen,

My return visit last December following an absence of over 10 years must have been agreeable to me – as I landed in BKK yesterday to have at it again! I’ll be around until Christmas day with once again NO visit to Pattaya – which was a first last year! I have found that I still enjoy visiting Thailand, although my behavior is somewhat subdued from the old days - that is no alcohol, fewer girls, fewer go-go bars with more healthy(?) touristy stuff these days, plus Geritol…

I had hoped Thai 360 might have enjoyed something of a comeback following the end of the Covid diabolical (US developed/escaped Satan bug) unleashed on the world. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear that has happened. Perhaps this forum (as well as others) is a thing of the past and was pretty much over with well before anyone ever heard the now dreaded word Covid (sure glad I didn’t get vaxed!!). One thing for sure, I don’t see an abundance of new posts from this past year on Thai360, but the Stickman website seems to be hanging on as maybe the best site these days, for current punter information. But it is not a forum.

Sorry about ending my posts last year prematurely, as I had promised a review of Nana, Cowboy and Thermie. Fact is, I ran out of time and returned home. In hindsight I don’t think anyone needed my two satang worth on changes to Nana, Cowboy or Thermie - since you need look no further than Youtube. That said, it’s possible I might still post something on Thermie since I have so many fond memories of the place over the years…

I do hope the few “old-timers” remaining here have had a good year, and most of all, I hope we haven’t lost anymore of the old crew due to meeting the grim-reaper!!

Of course my highest regard and many thanks go to Marcel for keeping this site going (over 20 years now) and NOT deleting any of my travel section posts from last December (as some outraged sponsors may have demanded!) More later... maybe.

S-T

20 hours ago, short-time said:

NOT deleting any of my travel section posts from last December (as some outraged sponsors may have demanded!)

The beauty of the sponsors of board is that some Board Members are the sponsors, no external entities to “keep happy”

Unfortunately some board members have passed away, and the rest of us are defying medical science and hanging in there

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 2:48 PM, Mekong said:

The beauty of the sponsors of board is that some Board Members are the sponsors, no external entities to “keep happy”

Unfortunately some board members have passed away, and the rest of us are defying medical science and hanging in there

Sadly some of my favorite buddies here in the LOS seem to be dropping like flies the past few years. Or going back to their home countries after some time in country. Or having medical issues and not wanting to place their health care under the Thai system. Not finding many new gents of like mind. The youngsters seem a bit off in their leanings and thinking. 

• 3 weeks later...

I only socialized outside the board with a select few. A couple I kept in touch with back here in the land down under and also in LOS.

Few have shuffled off this mortal coil while others I've just lost contact with, some by choice 😊

Still some great memories and still always have a great time when i am luck enough to find the time to get up there, although now split my time between the old stomping grounds and some new ones in a neighboring country :beer: