Questions from a football newbie

Brink15

There was an excellent article in the Bangkok Post last fall about English football/soccer. It reinforced what I already new and provided additional information as to its traditions. Maybe if you PM me I can mail to you somewhere.

I saw soccer as an addition also. I'm not replacing anything. I have lost interest in baseball more and more but still a big football and basketball fan as well as ice hockey from time to time.

You'll recognize players you've seen in the world cup who are now teammates again but were opposing players during the cup (Argentina's Veron & England's Beckham for instance).

There's a lot of information to know and you'll be like me, a couple years later, still learning. Choose any team you wish just not Tottenham, I think there is a rule somewhere that beantowners can't choose them, Frog Patrol will back me up on this. Also, I don't want to influence your choice of team in anyway but I feel I must warn you that supporters of Liverpool, Man Utd & Tottenham especially are widely known to have small penises, beat their wives/gf's and suffer from erectile dysfunction......but I don't want to influence your selection in any way.

Eventually you'll pick up a cheap 450 baht replica shirt in LOS and people will look at you funny in the US thinking you're a walking advertisement for the sponsor (Vodafone, Holstein, Sega, etc.) and every once in a while in beantown while you're minding your own business, in the back bay somewhere or on the T with your shirt on someone will either curse you with a ('f**k off Arsenal') or praise you (Aresenal! Cheers mate) and then you'll know you've run into a Brit. If he's bigger than you feign ignorance and if he's smaller and you think you can take him say 'f**k off scum'.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brink,

I have 2 points for you here :

Analogy to other sports : hmm just forget it.... just imagine the 2 players at kick-off decide to start the other way round, then you have basically a totally different game.........

As for choosing a team.... why do that ? I dont support any particulat team, just do go to games often when 2 good teams meet and hope to see a good game, whoever wins........

Next question ? smile.gif

Cheers !

C.Steve,

<<There's a lot of information to know and you'll be like me, a couple years later, still learning. Choose any team you wish <<just not Tottenham, I think there is a rule somewhere that beantowners can't choose them, Frog Patrol will back me up <<on this. Also, I don't want to influence your choice of team in anyway but I feel I must warn you that supporters of <<Liverpool, Man Utd & Tottenham especially are widely known to have small penises, beat their wives/gf's and suffer from <<erectile dysfunction......but I don't want to influence your selection in any way.

Hahahaha quote of the day !!!!

And you just made my day ! smile.gif

Cheers !

Archived