Hongkong immigration /Thai national

Sanooghers,

could anybody please enlighten me about the current situation at Hongkong airport : farang punter arriving accompanied by Thai demimondaine . Would madame enjoy easy access or would she plainly be rejected ? Did ring two travel agents in Bangkok but answers remain vague. I read in a newspaper a year ago that at least single lasses have to answer plenty of boring questions. In case it depends on the individual appearance , please consider rubber boots and halter tops already to be replaced by Central Chidlom first floor stuff. Appearance immaculate. Madame can further show evidence by passport that earlier trips abroad did always lead to successful return within a few days.

Thanks in advance, this matter is of some urgency to be honest.

bb

I took my Thai GF last year (Sept.) to HKG. Upon arrival we were questioned by HK immigration. Fortunately her passport showed that she had never overstayed in any other country before. After an hour or so immigration gave me the usual 6 months permit while she received a 5 days permit. I had the feeling that she had never made it alone.

You must have very bad luck. I've taken two different young Isaan ladies to HK amounting to several entries, and never had that problem. The guy simply asked "she is your..." and I filled in the blank with "girlfriend" in one case and "wife" in the other and that was that.

Actually, membership by a country in the ASEAN has nothing to do with it. For instance, Cambodian and Vietnamese nationals are required to have a visa for any purpose other than transiting at the airport (and not leaving the airport). Nationals of other ASEAN members are also treated differently, depending on length of stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Update :

They asked a thousand questions, wanted to see her ticket and finally we/she only made it after I told the immigration man we were in HKG for business and I could prove it. On her own no chance at all. I guess this is all up to the individual officer's decision.

bb

Archived