Hongkong immigration /Thai national

buffalo_bill,

lived in HK for 6 years and had the missus come to HK alone 5 times and with me 5 times and she has never been questioned for more than 5 minutes (i.e normal duration for me).....

I think you and other people were unlucky in your experience.

Sanukboot.

PS the missus did have a 10 yr multi-entry visa to the states most times so seeing that must have helped.....

Anyone who has had this experience please comment on the following:

Did you have a problem? (some already answered...)

Was there a large age difference?

Dress Standard

English Standard of the girl

Politeness of to immigration officials....

Reason for asking is to try to see a trend on what the immigration officials look for?

Cheers,

Sanukboot.

Sanukboot,

Age difference : 22 years I think. I am the older one, for reference.

Dress standard male : Dark grey business suit , material super 150 coolwool , white shirt, dark red silk tie with blue turtles all over, black shoes .

Dress standard female : white cotton blouse with white La Perla bra , size B32, visible. Black trousers , black jacket hanging loose over forearm, high heels. Black La Perla thong, XS, unvisible but you can believe it.

English standard of girl: not perfect but would say very good. Customs asking : what do you want here, she would not answer : pay bar me ?

Politemess : I did not speak one single word,just showed paperwork. GF if she wants something is guaranteed the sweetest talker under the Asia sun. Certainly no trouble here.

No clue what went wrong.

bb

HK immigration is unpredictable. When I went there last year, my gf was dressed in a very conservative way. OK the age difference of 25 years may have been one of the suspicious points but then again I took her to other Asian countries and never faced a real problem. Once only in Korea they asked me to leave the country together with her (had a remark of her name below my entry permit into Korea) but this was done in a very friendly way. Even in Japan with a proper visa for her I did not face any problems. All I can say HKG immigration really sucks in a big way. They still believe that HKG is something very special.

bb,

Wasn't expecting such detail but thanks as it is appreciated....

I guess it could have been the age difference (no pun intended) and that would be really sad if that was the case...

Sanukboot.

bb,

I understand that from an "ASIAN" perspective it is not a great age difference as it is in the west but don't forget she is Thai and therefore the Chinese have a prejudice on her already and they will use this as their "EXTERNAL" reason to cause a delay in processing They would only tell the external reason if pushed I suspect

Sanukboot

Archived