alternatives to BG-ing

pattaya127

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as far as I am concerned, most jobs are low-paid in LOS, everybody is exploited unless they have their own business. You seem to insist on your views that having a maid is something GTG could be ashamed of. I am ashamed that in this world, some women may have to sell their butts because of the way their life is set-up, but I do not think any of us should be individually ashamed for doing whatever we do with younger girls over there (1). No one has been castigated on this forum for doing so (well, i'd hate to read yet one more trivial sex report, but it's the telling that bugs me), so, once again, why throw the book at GTG?

(1) contradiction? hardly. when we think of what brings a woman into prostitution, there are a lot more factors than just me, you, anyone, cultivating their company. On the other hand, i hardly barfine or pick up for a quicky, considering all the trips I've made.

The idea that middle or upper class Thai people consider their maids to be "young sister" is ludicrous. Such people wouldn't even bother to shit on their maids if they didn't need servants.

I've read many of GTG's posts and I find offense because I have yet to see one ounce of compassion or empathy from her for the lot in life that Thai society -- her society -- hands to people of low socioeconomic status. As farangs coming in to Thailand and taking advantage of the "the scene" we're not doing anything more to these young ladies than Thai society does to them natively in our absence.

Instead of crowing on about how wonderful it is that her maids can call her "older sister" and how her mom lets her maid out of the house for a cooking class, let's see her and others like her talk about why women turn to whoring in the first place. Hint: I'll bet it has something to do with a thoroughly corrupt society stacked against them.

Tedbkk,,,

you?re quite right about corruption and people like gtg are products of their environment as much as you and me? her overseas education doesn?t dilute her thainess one bit?..they're not particularly sympathetic to the less privileged, can be brutal and cruel, but this is their nature. if nobody?s willing to pay the bill, maids and bgs can?t move up, and the disturbance would be upsetting making it unlikely to happen. it ain?t broke so they don?t have to fix it?. they like it just the way it is.

As far as farangs coming to do what they do, on balance it?s a fair trade given the circumstances. If they went somewhere else there?d be less money to go around. no cure buts it helps for now.... we can only deal with things the way they are. Seattle must be nice this time of year. regards

==

3d

This is weird. I am beginning to hate the soapies on the box with a passion. TV has never interested me this much but I can assure you that no child of mine is ever going to get the opportunity to explain whats wrong with the system and to rearrange the programming.

I cant understand how people, GTG and the women in particular, just accept the way things have worked out. Its not as if there are no visble scars. There is bitterness wherever you care to look. Its posionous and its sad.

Hello,

I was was brought up with a maid and a Chinese cook. The maid was considerred the live-in babysitter more than a servant. Mind you, my family was a modest one but keeping that wonderful maid was one way to help my parents out. We, meaning my brother and I were instructed to call her "Pii" and in no way we were allowed to be rude. This is what my father said, 'She is a human, just does not have an opportunity to go to school, she is here to do her job, that is all".

Many people in Thailand do sent the maids to schools of their choice (it takes effort on both sides of course). There is a lady who is a hairdresser living not far from my mother's house now who got the skill from one of ex-employer.

Please do not feel that I am on GTG's side, just wanted to point out that there are people who sincerely think that they are helping the women/men when they employ them as maids or whatever. My mother has been letting a woman to come in and gives her a massage often (I don't think she is very good at the task), and when I asked why her? This is what my mother said "She has a mother and young son to feed, what is 75 baht, better to let her think that she is working for the money than giving to her like a begger, besides, her massage is getting better!".

There is kindness, but it is not as much as I would like to see.

Cheers!

Archived