A question for Thai girls

bibblies

Whenever I ask a Thai girl if she has a boyfriend or not, she will always reply 'No', and yet, she nearly always does have a boyfriend!

Now, why is this? The same thing happens whether I ask "good" girls or bad, from ages 17 up to 30. I've asked not only bargirls (whom you might expect to lie about this), but teachers, office workers and maids too.

Often, my girlfriend has told me all about them before I meet them, so I already know that they're lying! Even her sister, who was engaged to be married at the time, denied that she had a boyfriend!

Now, what the hell is all this about?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not always the case though, but it may have to do to with not saying too much about her private life, or Bf is not still marriage material... It is true that you finally hear about things as they really are, but the first conversations are always playing around the truth of the matter. many subjects... an asian Art teacher of mine thought it has to do with old historical reflexes, not unveiling too much about yourself, because due to the heavy hierarchy of asian societies from way back in the past, you get exposed by individualizing yourself. So, people turn around the pot unconsciously (ie. not really lying), until they feel they can tell you safely. kind of a mick-mack explanation with some rings of truth in it, why not?

"What about your GF? What's her answer if you ask her?"

A clip around the ear. OK, smartarse - almost all of them reply 'No'. And no, I don't think it's because they might fancy me or are on the lookout for the BBD. The GF's sister has since married her boyfriend and some of the others only held out for a few days before admitting that they were already shacked up.

So far I've come to a conclusion close to pattaya's explanation. But I still find it strange.

It might be defensive and related to face saving. If she admits to having a boyfriend, and he dumps her in the future, that could entail a loss of face. Better to deny a boyfriend in case that happens in the future.

Maybe she also does not want to scare away better prospects?

I'm thinking that any smart Thai girl will want to keep her options open at all times, unless she is exactly where she wants to be. Any different from us?

"Hey you, hansum man, you hab wife"? Are you going to tell her, "why yes, I do, whom I love very much, and 3 adorable children. You should have seen Jason last week. His first words were "I love you, mommy and Daddy. You really have to meet them".

The fact is, they want you to be happy, so will tell you what you want to hear. Same-same as you tell them.

This is the reality of the situation......accept it, or drive yourself crazy. Up to you!

HT

Archived