A question for Thai girls

bibblies

"Whenever I ask a Thai girl if she has a boyfriend or not..."

So true!

After almost 2 years in this beautiful kingdom, I have come to the same conclusion.

It really amazed me in the beginning that so many in this country were single.

After a while it became quite clear that it seems like its the good old "dont burn the bridges behind you" thing.

This goes for both BG's and the so called GTG's.

If I answered I had a GF, the famous Thai flattering appeared with a "she is a lucky woman". Even without knowing wether I was a good or a bad man.

If I said I was single, the same again, but only the "why no GF? You are so handsome".

Seems to be a quite normal question to ask 10-20 minutes after the intro.

Of course, the rules here are more complex than in most western countries.

It's much easier to find out when a relationship is established in the west.

Some of my Thai friends have probably dated 30 times, and only with each other.

But still dont see themselfes as a BF/GF.

Comments from our Thai members?

Sailor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently went out for a meal with three thai women in UK. Kanita 25, her mum in her 50's and her aunt. When asked by various people including sleazy waiters if they were married all of them replied no. Many thai women seem to have great difficulty in telling the truth, sadly that includes some who post here in my experiences with them-peter

Hi,

This thread really baffles me for I do not know why these women did not tell the truth about having boyfriends or husbands. Sooooo, I made a phone call to a mature Thai woman who lived in Thailand for over 35 years before moving to the States. She used to own a pub in Bangkok and that is where she met her husband. This lady was a grade teacher in Thailand for over 10 years, I think her answer may be valid. Below is her answer:

The Thai customs consider asking personal questions by someone you just met as rude. Most Thais feel that the ?farangs? are strangers. It is a polite way to say ?None of your business.?

I must have lost that coyness, for saying ?None of your business.? is easy for me. Normally if I don?t want to answer I would usually tease ?If I tell you, I will have to kill you!?.

I hope the answer makes sense, it makes little sense to me. Need to think about it more.

Chhers!

I guess the image of Westerners as being open and straightforward has been taken too seriously and wide spread. My gf said they think that this kind of questions are ok. She herself got chatted up by a farang stranger (student)telling her his one night stand and his daughter he got later from that night the first time they met in a cafeteria in her university aboard. Couldn't blame her if she has such image of us.

Archived