orange juice

BelgianBoy

Why is it that oranges and orange juice is so expensive in Thailand ?

Fresh orange juice is certainly available in most major hotels for breakfast, but at 100 Bt a glass, I do give that a miss......

Thailand has certainly the climate AND market to produce oranges, or do I miss something here ?

Are oranges available in supermarkets ? and if yes, at what price ?

Cheers !

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fresh-squeezed orange juice (from what we call tangerines or mandarins, actually) is available from street vendors virtually everywhere. They serve it in single-serving bags with a straw, usually for 10 baht, and in bottles of varying sizes up to a liter.

True "orange juice", as in the Sunkist Florida type of oranges, is expensive because that fruit is imported.

Stick with the tangerine/mandarin juice on the streets.

Fresh-squeezed orange juice (from what we call tangerines or mandarins, actually) is available from street vendors virtually everywhere. They serve it in single-serving bags with a straw, usually for 10 baht, and in bottles of varying sizes up to a liter.

PvtDick

Thanks for the answer, and yes, I have bought that before, but not just the same taste....................

Cheers !

You can get 2 quarts of OJ (I forgot who the name brand is, but the quality is like minute maid or whatever) for as little as 145 baht at Tesco Lotus / Carrfoure. Price fluctuates from 145 to about 169 baht. Sometimes you get a free quart of iced tea, or a pint of lemonade or is it vice versa. In any event, if you go to the big supermarkets, they almost always have the 2 quart pricing special and when you see the brand name you'll recognize it from the west.

<<burp>>

Archived