The lottery.... Ripped of by an ex Bg

Cyborg

Mod, does this go in Realtionships ? if so, pls move it.

Ok guys, I need your help here... A " friend " of mine has a samll situation.

This is a long story, but I will keep it short.

For 3 years now he has been married to an ex-bar girl here in Norway. This summer he bought one of thoose lottery tickets where the biggest prize is 500 000 NKR. About 2.6 million Baht.

And yes, you quest right, they won the biggest prize.

Now, everyone is happy and they start to make plans to take a 6 months vacation from Norway to go to Thailand.

They decide to split some money between them, now you may start to wonder why they did that, but I don`t know ( and neither does him ). At this point the marrige was great he says.

100 000 Nkr. to his account. 100 000 Nkr to her account. And about 200 000 to a joint asccount in Bangkok Bank.

100 000 was given to friend`s and family.

Then about 40 days ago when his wife was visiting her aunt living in Oslo for the weekend

he got a knock on the door, it was the local police force comming to arrest him.

The charges was that over a long period of time he had beating his wife and threatening to throw her out of the country if she would go the police.

But since she has now been her over a 3 years period she now had what you americans would call a green card. And because of this she had now decided to go to the police.....

After 24 Hours in jail he was relased,she had decidet to drop the charges agianst him.

He went home to his house where his wife had cleaned her closet and went to her aunt in Oslo.

Apperently her aunt had helped her

After several tries he got a hold of her and sked her what the fuck is going on and she just said that

she is leaving him and she is taking all of her money with her.

No explanation or nothing... She is leaving him, period.

He is at the moment trying to try to close the joint account they have in Bangkok, but seem to have trouble doing it.

She is leaving Norway very soon and there is no doubt in his mind that she will try to empty the acount as soon as she get`s back to Bangkok.

Calling the Bank is no help what so ever, " you need to have her signature as weel if you want to freeze the account sir "

mmmmmm..... What do you think are the odds of him getting that signature

After talking to his wife , who claim it`s a fair deal since he get`s to keep the house. He has owned this house for over 20 years........ And no, it`s never been in her name.

I`ve suggested that he goes to the police and maybe they can do something. But his guy is so ashamed of him self , by the fact that he was foled so easily.

My take is that he still loves her and doesn`t wan`t her to get into to much trouble.

He lives in a fairly small town and you can quess who is the talk of the town right now.

So is there any of you guys out there on what he should do to get half of the money back ?

He has no change of going to Bangkok himself, but I`m going this weekend, but I`m not su sure if there is anything that I can do for him there, is there

I know that maybe not all of the fact`s / detalis has been written here, but if there is anything that you wonder about or question, you can ask me and I will forward it to him and I will answer later.

Sorry for any spelling errors, but it`s written in a hurry as I have to go home a pack my bags for my trip to LOS

Will post this on a couple of other boards aswell.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is no truth to the wife beating charges tell him to take a reality check. Talk to him firmly, he is in denial. Any spouse that has the other arrested on false charges does not love them and is out for blood and money.

If the account in Thailand requires both signatures to make a withdraw then there is no problem. If it is an ATM account then kiss the money good bye or get over there asap with the atm card and start withdrawing.

Thank you very much for the story.

Sorry, I can't give any advice, but everytime I read a story like this, I learn to take care of my money as much as I can. I don't think, your friend will get any money back, but I will hope for him.

Just for thought:

- A story I heard many times: A Thai lady is marrying a foreigner, because she loves him and because she wants to share the rest of her live with him. When she has the chance to get some money for herself, she will not share it with her husband; instead, she will do everything to take the money for herself and getting separated. So, is there any Thai lady out there, who is marrying a foreigner for love? Are they doing the same against a Thai husband?

Dear Peter1964,

"So, is there any Thai lady out there, who is marrying a foreigner for love?"

Yes, I am one. My situation is background is different from most of bar/ex bar girls.

I had posted once that I am in the process of writing about how some Thai women really feel about the marriage to foreingners, especially the ones with BG background. I have not finished it yet.

Lately, there are many threads about how the men got cheated by their Thai women, it is disturbing, I thought "love" means sharing and honoring your partners.

There are many bad Thai women and many bad things happen. I don't have an answer, but will share what I know as soon as I can.

Cheers!

Hi,

"If the account in Thailand requires both signatures to make a withdraw then there is no problem."

I truly hope so, but this may not be the case. When my wife and I opened a mutual bank account, we also told them both sigs would be required. The bank clerk then asked my wife if she was sure, he could open it so she could do it without my sig. My wife got slightly pissed and insisted on both sigs.

Speaking Thai I followed this entire conversation, but the same might have happened with Cyborg's friend when he opened a bank account.

Sanuk!

Hello,

"In the US he could have been barred from the house while she lived there."

So true, I saw two cases which the poor men got kicked out of the houses they purchased before their marriages. The 2 women never reported to the abuse prior to their breakup. One of the cases got very ugly, convinced the judge that it was mentally and sexaully abused, even got his ex to testify, what a mess! Darn good alimony.

At the risk of being blamed as stereotype, the 2 women were in the early 30s, from bar background, the men were in their late 40s.

I wish everyone luck.

shocked.gif

If you arer going there would your friend give you his ATM card for the account for you to withdraw the money?

Maybe he could issue an instruction to the bank to transfer the money to your account in LOS?

Just a couple of quick ideas.

Archived