Why do go-go bars play such crap music?

lotus

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When making the rare appearance in Pattaya, always seem to end up in the classroom.

Seems to me a better title for this thread would be:

Why don't Go-go's play Music I like?

And then the OP could go on explain that he is some sort of Euro/African/Trance/Hypno something or other young studlaugh.gif

TH

OH:

I agree, I like the music in Classroom. The Titty Twister(NEP), also rocks pretty good also. Last time at TT, we asked the dj to play some Ozzy, so he played a bunch through the night. We ended up having over a 3000 baht check bin over the night, but hearing the music we wanted made it very enjoyable.

ZMAN Z28

Yeah, my top five bars for music in Bangkok are:

Goldfinger

Angelwitch

Rock Hard

Titty Twister

Kiss

I think there are three possibilities when it comes to the music:

1. The music is played for the dancers. Music is played that assists the pole monkeys in doing their thing. I have mentioned it before although most here would despise such a place, get a gogo bar to play Thai pop music and you would have the most energized and fun gogo bar in town.

2. The music is played for the customers. This would be true in a place like the first four listed above. Yeah, you hear stuff like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. But, ever enjoy watching the dancers, uh, do something when Stairway to Heaven or The Wall is played?

3. The DJ plays his music. He doesn't give a shit what the dancers or customers want. These are the worst bars IMO.

Ah, what we really need is a bar that plays stuff like Martha & the Vandellas, the Temptations, the Four Seasons, and Little Anthony and the Imperials.

Let's see the gals dance to THAT! laugh.gif

Archived