Thai IQs

khunsanuk

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by shygye:

GTG,

Compare the public schools of Isaan with those in Bangkok. It is cheaper for the government to blame it all on diet than trying to improve the quality of the schools.
crazy.gif" border="0

You mean the govenment doesn't TRY to do anything about it? We are a developing country. We have a lot of problems and we're trying to improve many things at the same time, which is not easy. Yes, we have corrupt governments over the years but that doesn't mean nothing gets done. Look back where we were and look at what we are now. I think we accomplished something - not as much as some people would have liked. I'm not satisfied with many things around here. But to say they DON'T do anything is a bit unfair.

There have been more and more good public schools in other provinces than, say, 10 years ago. But some qualified teachers don't have enough incentive to say there very long.

My experience is that the quality of the schools in big cities is more or less the same level. But if you compare those in remote areas and in Bangkok, yes, there is a big gap.

It's cheaper for you to blame everything to the government-yours or mine- depending on the subject.

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

scored 146 as a non-native english speaker - GENIUS!

from now on would you please call me: "your exalted highness"

wait a minute, i gave them my email adress, does that mean i will spend the rest of my life deleting spam?

bugger!

Good Thai Girl,If the Isaan are "malnutricious" then Im never gonna eat them.

JJsushi, an idiot savant displays more genius than a genius with a high IQ so stop bragging.

Btw My IQ is 140, Superior to genius, thankyou very much, ttssss.......any one wanna kiss mah ass? laugh.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

Is it common for IQ to deteriorate with age???
laugh.gif" border="0

If you have children, it's common for your IQ to get lower as your children become teenagers. It continues to get lower until your kids hit around 25, at which time your IQ starts climbing again.

tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

You mean the govenment doesn't TRY to do anything about it? We are a developing country. We have a lot of problems and we're trying to improve many things at the same time which is not easy. Yes, we have corrupt governments over the years but that doesn't mean nothing gets done. Look back where we were and look at what we are not. I think we accomplished something - not as much as some people would have liked. I'm not satisfied with many things around here. But to say they DON'T do anything is unfair.

My experience is that the quality of the schools in big cities is more or less the same level. But if you compare those in remote areas and in Bangkok, yes, there is a big gap.

It's cheaper for you to blame everything to the government-yours or mine- depending on the subject.

Certainly there have been accomplishments. Thailand has about a 96% literacy rate and now provides for 6 years of schooling. But what is happening now? When I visited Chula a couple of years ago I met several people dedicated to improve the educational system. However they are not getting the resources that are needed to expand the schooling from 6 to 12 years. The government (your elected officials) give education a low priority. They would rather spend money on a new international airport (instead of expanding the existing one), aircraft carriers, submarines, and million baht village loans. Instead of defending your governments priorities YOU should hold them to task. Thailands future is dependent on the educational level of its populous.

It is not cheap for me to criticize my government. Here in the US most of the money for public schools comes from local taxes (property taxes). In my town we place a HIGH priority on education. I have voted for bonds so additional schools can be built. Our property taxes are about double that of other towns to fund improvements in the schools.

MENSA test ... gawd ... haven't had to take one of those in years as my ex-wife had a hysterectomy long ago ... lol ...

Had no idea that IQtest.com site existed, but being a competitive SOB, and seeing your score posted, I had to give it a try ... it's been since early grammar school since i'd done one ... and keep in mind, it's after midnight here, and been one helluva work week too ...

My score? ... just intelligent enough to be dangerous ... 159 ... it was fun tho ...

sanuk!

Archived