Only in thailand !!!

Bkkbound04

Had to buy a new One-to-call phone recently and was told it would receive international calls ok..but sure enough it doesn't. So this evening I give the call centre in Bangkok a call to let off steam and try and get it sorted...the girl on the end of the phone is very sympathetic and to cut a long story short..we end up chattin about personal stuff..she finishes at 2am and is wanting to meet so she can help me with my problem..anyone wanna take bets on a)looks ?B) will she/won't she? c)I marry her..

This country never ceases to amaze me !!

tongue.gif" border="0

JP

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jap,I know these are generalisations but here goes. 1- She works with the mobile company,so she is young and very pretty. 2- She will but only after a lot of pain and suffering on your part. 3- Yes, you will marry her,all the board members will have a great day at the wedding,and in your next post in 2007 you will have 4 kids, HA HA- Aussiejohn.

Are you sure your phone doesn't receive calls? Are the people outside the country dialing correctly? I ask this because some people don't know to drop the 0 in front of the numbers when dialing from a foreign country to Thailand.

I think the country code for thailand is 66, thus to dial a mobile phone it's blah blah blah 66-1-###-##### or 66-9-###-####.

<<burp>>

quote:

Originally posted by Jap 12:

Had to buy a new One-to-call phone recently and was told it would receive international calls ok..but sure enough it doesn't.

I bought a Phillips phone in MBK with a 1-2-call system and an -09 prefix, and never was able to receive a call from the US, despite my specific instructions to dial the number without the '0' prefix before the 9.

I was told by a phone clerk in MBK that it was the Phillips phone, not the 1-2 call system or the 09 number.

Has anyone experienced problems receiving international calls in Bkk with a Phillips mobile phone?

Shotover

p.s. Chok dii (good luck) with the lady. Check her "shoulders".

Aussiejohn,

yes, she is beautiful..will see her tonight again when she finishes work..but I return to UK tomorrow...why is it that I have spent seven weeks here and 48hrs before leaving I meet HER!!!! fuck..

Gummigut..apparantly its some problem with the 09 code..its not receiving calls from UK.

JP

Hi Jap,I hope things go well for you with new friend.Same type of thing happened myself,as in I met someone but I was returning home the following night.This girl was a 9 in my book,with Chinese looks,a real plus for me.Anyway all I thought later was if only I had met her earlier.Never did meet her again,even after back to the place twice-as you say SHIT ! So enjoy while you can and all the best.-Aussiejohn.

Jap 12:

just out of curiosity - how good is your thai (since I presume that's how you two communicated)? The whole episode sounds like a great experience! Me envious... wink.gif" border="0

Thanks for the encouragement guys..my one-2-call girl is quite something, I'll be back to see her in April... My thai is poor but she speaks good english, 26yrs old and well educated.. she would'nt have sex with me but slept in my arms..the only two nights I have ever spent in Thailand without a fuck !!...and now I'm in UK and feel as bad as ever after a trip to LOS..I'll feel better when I book the return flight on Mon..and have 75 days to go..

JP

Archived