Future Thai Sanuk site bombing?

ah now I get it! those fuckers who bombed bali couldn't get laid there 'cos there we're too many handsome young backpackers/surfers scoring all the local chicks, so an action like that was planned!!!

now catching them should be easy as they would be the only guys hanging around the kuta bars trying to finally score with the ladies right???

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of these posts seem to be just makin jokes out of this tragedy, I remember this board after s11 & it was certainly not the done thing to make jokes or talk about how it won't let it ruin your sanuk. Of course it won't stop us living, but it would be nice to see some sympathy for the victimes. I guess it is different when it's only a bunch of Ozzies killed instead of americans.

I know exactly what you mean. I was in phnompenh just after the hongkong hotel blast & thus had to stay down the road in a different one...

at the disco I was told to stay upstairs opposite the entrance as that would be the safest spot if/when bombs we're thrown in!

as for bkk potential/safe places I'd agree grace gotta be the safest as long as there's still arabs around, while KSR, HRC or perhaps McD would be obvious targets :-(

take care

making jokes are just one way of coping with the chock many of us are sincerely in. I for one are indeed feeling deeply for those innocent people from many countries killed in bali. Was there myself in those exact clubs last month & have friends who frequents the place as well as some visiting only weeks ago. so lets keep this discussion friendly & in perspective shall we?

Thanks for your thoughts JP, I agree joking is a way of dealing with tragedy , & Ozzies are very well known to do it, I still feel that some folk just don't care cos they were not affected. I can assure everyone that the whole world was sympathetic to previous tragic events, having not been on the board for a couple of days I really did expect an outpouring of emotion similiar to after S11, & it just has not happened , I am very suprised & the only thing I can put it down to is that most just don't care cos it did not affect them in any way......it certainly makes me think about things.

Zoot,

the vicious terrorist attack on Bali island has taken many people by surprise. The lack of outpouring of emotions similar to the 9/11 events has obviousely two reasons:

it happened in a Muslim nation and Indonesia was long known as a hotbed of terrorist activities but more important this tragedy did not have the media coverage which the events of 9/11 had. Without this media coverage it seems at a first glance that there is a lack of interest in this story but I believe that is not the case. I cannot imagine that this has anything to do with most of the victims being Australians. This of course is just my opinion.

There was a post here immediately after the incident was reported but it was moved to the board bar. Probably would have helped if it was on the main section. I for one feel more related to the bali incident since I was there about 10 years ago doing the exact same thing as these guys, partying and enjoying life.. Most of them are young college aged kids.. what a shame.. It hit home so much that I started thinking how to avoid a situation here so hence the posting.

I'd assume much more boardmembers would feel hit on directly as it was fellow sanukers hit at the very nerve of bali nightlife. at least the ones that enjoy the khaosan rd type of venue once in a while, which was exactly the kind of venue it was mixed in with a bit of nana?

won't even guess anymore where it could happen next...

Archived