Future Thai Sanuk site bombing?

shygye - good point, well made, succinctly put.

Now is there any poster who can give some kind of an educated guesstimate on what the position might be in SEA generally? And, of course, Thailand specifically. Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing my underwear on this but it would be nice to hear from some of those posters that I know are, shall we say, well informed on this kind of thing. Y'see, bearing in mind that this thread exists in the first place - if we are debating probability or possibilty - then what's to stop the nutter debating the same thing?

Look - if it's 73 virgins they're after, then surely we can sort 'em out in this life? We got a new server for $50 each didn't we?

(Oh fuck - there's the fatwah issued...)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is a big possibility, given anecdotal evidence of Islamic Terrorists using Thailand as a base of opperations. I would be wary of anywhere that attracts large groups of Americans and in particular, servicemen (ie Pattaya during Cobra Gold). Entertainment places are easily targeted and yield huge damage....those of you from London might remember the IRA bomb in the Sussex, Leicester Sq in the 80s. Despite this, I refuse to live my life as dictated by these terrorists, fuck'em, they want us to feel paranoid and stay away. Viva sanuk, I say.

Cheers

Jaga

We are lucky that something similar like this attack is unlikely to happen in Thailand.

Thailand doesn't have these etnical religious conflicts like other countries as Indonesia have.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There is a huge Muslim community in Southern Thailand. If the Thais don't keep a watchful eye on them anything can happen.

We mentioned this in Thai class today. Basically the only way to win is to not give in. I am appalled that we are turning into a nation/world full of cowards!! "...oh I might get hurt...I'll stay home, so the bad men don't get me..." Letting a feww assholes with bad attitudes and anti social attitudes ruin it for the world? I think not! Maybe them comming to Thailand would be a good thing, they might get laid for a change and see what the world has to offer! Fuck these guys! Go and enjoy life, it may end at anytime! So why cower at home? you have to leave sometime, and that is when they may get you!!!

Heads up: I think people should think twice before sharing ideas on a public forum how to best devastate LOS. You never know where this information might wind up.

"I think people should think twice before sharing ideas on a public forum how to best devastate LOS. You never know where this information might wind up."

Good point. Ok then, I say some "dis-information" is in order:

1.) The Arab quarter between Soi 3 and 5

2.) Khao San Rd.

BTW, I guess that makes the Grace coffee shop about the safest place in BKK! Unless one day you happen not to see any Arab guys around. You know something is up.

Archived