Future Thai Sanuk site bombing?

Just looking over the pics from the Bali bombing and the damage is incredible. Buildings being torn ripped apart. It really does hit home. If someone wanted to target foreigners in Thailand, where would they hit first?

Here are my thoughts

1. Ploenchit fair- only one month away and had lots of time to plan it as opposed to last year where they did a last minute change..

2. Soi cowboy- easy to drive a car full of bombs down that road, but not as many casulties

2. NEP- could they get a car bomb in there? Not with all the bikes. Lets hear it for the Thai boys ignoring the sign that says no bikes allowed. Plus that elephant that stands at the entrance to the place is a god sent

3. Patpong- Now which end??? Too much traffic on suriwong and too many taxis/tourist police at silom.. The bars in the middle would be the safest place to be.

4. RCA- probably not too many thais

5. Pattaya walking street- likely spot, easy to drive down quicky

6. Patong- no real hangout spot with a high concentration of foreigners.. too spread out so probably not

7. Embassies- too difficult and the big ones are walled.

8. Dreamworld-- many thais so probably not.

9. TESCO- has been a target before. A shot against the Brits also.

10. ??

Your ideas??? What can we do to protect ourselves?

First they hit the airlines and then all the tourist destinations.. soon everyone is staying home

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What can we do to protect ourselves.

[color:"purple"] [/color]

Absolutely nothing. As an individual you can't prevent terrorist acts from striking you. Whether you go out and about or stay home.

I think your best chance is to live in an underground concrete bunker with a self contained water and oxygen filtration system.

I'll be the guy cowering under the legs of some BG after it goes off.

Really nothing you can do. Also, can you see the newspaper headlines? Westerners in sex district bombed! Not too much sympathy from some quarters. Half will think its deserved....unless of course we were military on some well needed R&R.

We are lucky that something similar like this attack is unlikely to happen in Thailand.

Thailand doesn't have these etnical religious conflicts like other countries as Indonesia have.

I've been to Bali several times and until now it was the most safe spot in Indonesia and a great place to spend your holiday,although there has been increasing friction between Bali and Java last years.

This attack has killed the touristscene in Bali for many years and will also affect tourism in all Indonesia.

Bali is totally dependant of tourism, so the effects of this bombing are a total disaster.

I have very good memories of Bali;the friendly people;the sanukscene;the climate;the beauty of the island.

I feel sympathy for the Balinese people who no doubt will suffer in the coming years.

Yo Bros. Ya gotta jus keep vigilent !!

Man if it ever happened here things sho gonna change.

There is so much goin' on behind da scenes these days it's

ruining ma style.

Jes keep prayin wishin an hopin'

LOS is an easy target !!

Keep an eye out for that other type of bag !

An I don't mean papa's bran noo one !!

JB A prayin'

This was a well planned attack. It was not someone tossing a grenade. These people were trained on how to build large car bombs. Don't forget the embassy bombings in Africa using car bombs. Over 100 dead in Kenya. There was no internal strife in those countries. :(

I am sure you (me to) considered Bali just as safe to visit as Phuket before this bombing.

Archived