Got Something on My dick....

Savittre

Hi Guys,

At the base of my dick, there is a ..I guess it is a wart. It is the size of a pimple, but I've had it for about 4 weeks. It's the same color as my dick, doesn't hurt, either. There is only one. I have no other symptoms of any kind- everything normal. The only other thing I can say about it is that I think it is a bit bigger than it was.

In conclusion, it's not causing me any hassle, but I wish it wasn't there. It probably doesn't make any difference (I don't know) but I did test negative for syphilis (and HIV) at Bumrungrad this past August. Does anyone know if this is just a benign wart or a symptom of something I should get tested for? Thank you!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No joke.. this was on the CNN site today.

"Researchers say over-the-hardware-counter duct tape is a more effective, less painful alternative to liquid nitrogen, which is used to freeze warts.

The study was reported in the October issue of the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.

In the study, patients wore duct tape over their warts for six days. Then they removed the tape, soaked the area in water and used an emery board or pumice stone to scrape the spot. The tape was reapplied the next morning. The treatment continued for a maximum of two months or until the wart went away.

The duct tape irritated the warts, and that apparently caused an immune system reaction that attacked the growths, said researcher Dr. Dean "Rick" Focht III of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

etc... "

http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/conditions/10/14/warts.duct.tape.ap/index.html

Sounds like warts matey. Just go and get it nuked with some liquid Nitrogen, and as far as being painful goes I would rate this treatment as 0.2 on a scale from 0-10. Best get is seen to pronto as it is easilly passed on and is considered to be a contributing cause of cancer of the cervix (sp) in the ladies. As an adjunct, my physician told me that warts is "not a biggie" so don't worry. She also told me that 40% of Australians carry the virus but most do not exibit any symptoms. So again, you are not alone on this one. Some Peolpe seem to beat it very easily and some need return visits before it is gone.

There is also Aldara, a 'immune modifier' treatment that has shown some success. Never used it, but it's a cream applied 3 times a week for 4 or 6 weeks. Worth looking into if you don't want to 'nuke' your dick.

And latest is.....

Got a wart? Grab the duct tape

Associated Press

Monday, October 14 ? Online Edition, Posted at 6:36 PM EST

Chicago ? Duct tape, the all-purpose household fix-it with hundreds of uses, can also remove warts.

Researchers say over-the-hardware-counter duct tape is a more effective, less painful alternative to liquid nitrogen, which is used to freeze warts.

The study was reported in the October issue of the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.

In the study, patients wore duct tape over their warts for six days. Then they removed the tape, soaked the area in water and used an emery board or pumice stone to scrape the spot. The tape was reapplied the next morning. The treatment continued for a maximum of two months or until the wart went away.

The duct tape irritated the warts, and that apparently caused an immune system reaction that attacked the growths, said researcher Dr. Dean (Rick) Focht III of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

He said researchers did not test other kinds of tape, so they cannot say whether there is anything special about the gray, heavy-duty, fabric-backed tape.

Pediatric dermatologist Dr. Anthony Mancini of Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago said he uses duct-tape therapy for warts in his practice.

"The whole point of this is a non-painful approach," said Dr. Mancini, who was not involved in the study.

The study was conducted at the Madigan Army Medical Center near Tacoma, Wash. It began with 61 patients between the ages of 3 and 22, but only 51 patients completed the study.

Of the 26 patients treated with duct tape, 85 percent got rid of their warts compared with 60 percent of the 25 patients who received the freezing treatment.

Researchers did not test the duct tape on older adults and also did not study whether warts recurred.

This should really confuse (amuse) the local BGs !

very interesting indeed. the main advantage with nuking your nob is that it is basically back to normal inabout 10 days except for a little discolouration of the skin till the full pigment returns. I don't think i would like to wait 4-6 weeks (especially if i was in LOS) ::

Got a wart? Grab the duct tape

Interesting.... however genital warts are treated a bit differently than warts on normal skin.

Then they removed the tape, soaked the area in water and used an emery board or pumice stone to scrape the spot.

Uhh.... No thank you!

Thank You all for your replies. I guess I'm naive, I would have thought genital warts would appear in quantity, as I said I've only got one of them. Maybe I should consider myself lucky!

Well, I'll go along and have it seen to.

I have one last question- Should the doctor be able to diagnose whether or not it's genital warts or not just by looking at it, or does a test of some sort need to be made in order to definitively arrive at an accurate diagnosis? Thanks!

Yes, can be diagnosed visually by a doctor.

The wart can be cured, but the viral infection cannot. It may return.

Other possible treatments are electrocautery and lasers.

Archived