Got Something on My dick....

Savittre

>>>Cutting warts off does not result in a heavier growth (assuming you don't use a machete)-that is an old wives tale.<<<

yeah, i also tried to tell that to my warts. seems that they prefer to believe in old wifes tales.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tomc12,

Cutting warts off does not result in a heavier growth (assuming you don't use a machete)-that is an old wives tale.

Yeah, that's what it sounded like to me. OTOH, flyonzewall also has a point when he says that venereal warts probably don't respond well to logic.

Anyway, I've been using Aldara, and I read in sidsanuk's post that Aldara is a lot more effective in women than men. So, I am going to see my regular doctor about this warts problem I have, consult about an alternative solution regarding the external warts I have, and ask about the 'old wives tale'. I know and trust this doctor (he's not the one who prescribed the Aldara), and he'll know if cutting them off will result in heavier growth or is just so much B.S.

If cutting them off resulted in heavier growth, it wouldn't be considered a viable medical option, would it? Then again, I'm not the doctor.

For most people, treatment of warts is very simple. Initially I usually use cryo (especially if there are only a few) as it clears the warts fast and is cheap. If the patient has good insurance, I'll use a laser-can charge more and more fun to do, but success rate is no better. The patient returns in a week to check response-larger warts may require a second treatment. Generally that is all that is needed. Some people will have recurrences and I will repeat the treatment. Only a few have frequent recurrences and that is when I'll try Aldara.

Archived