Got Something on My dick....

Savittre

Thank you all for your posts, and links, which I will check out.

I paste: Fact is, for most people who contract some form of HPV, it is no more than an annoyance, and does not make life much more complicated.

This was the attitude of the doctor I saw. He really didn't seem too concerned (if it matters, he trained in the US). The cream has had some effect so far, but slowly, slowly.

He told me 'You get a wart on one place. Then, if the wart is regularly touching another part of your skin, a wart can occur there, too. The thing with venereal warts is that with them, this replication happens faster than with other kinds of warts.'

That's what leads me to this question- as there are a variety of ways to get rid of warts, wouldn't I be smarter to get rid of the damn thing ASAP to reduce (eliminate) the chances of it spreading itself around? Any comment? Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Savittre,

'That's what leads me to this question- as there are a variety of ways to get rid of warts, wouldn't I be smarter to get rid of the damn thing ASAP to reduce (eliminate) the chances of it spreading itself around? Any comment? Thanks'

Untrained non medical opinion here but I believe that the cream is designed to promote an immune response and thereby kill the virus and prevent it breaking out again. Podo type treatments kill the visible portion of the virus that has caused that wart but parts of it may have shed into nearby skin and may erupt again.

Doctors feel free to correct me on this...

Back in the good old days, a physician in a small town would go down to a welding shop and fill up a thermos with liquid nitrogen. Using a cotton swab as an applicator, he could treat almost any wart/s. It was as effective as any other therapy and very cheap.

Nowadays we have lasers, cryomachines, electrocautery, immune enhancers,etc.-not really more effective, but sure costs more.

The big drawbacks to Aldara are cost and slow effect-especially as you are not suppose to be sexually active when the cream is on.

In reply to your question, generally once you start using the Aldara, you don't see new "kissing" lesions develop.

Effectiveness of Aldara-80% which is the same for cryo or laser.

• 1 month later...

It's been some time, but I said I'd post again, plus I see another post regarding warts near the top of the board. Here's what's happened to me, regarding Aldara:

1. I was told to apply it every second day (Well, 3x per week)

2. After about 10 days, the skin on my dick DID get really red, dry and sensitive (yeah, painful). I concluded this was what they call Erythema (skin inflammation caused by the Aldara) and decided to skip the Aldara until the skin inflammation subsided.

3. Concurrently, I developed a bad case of crotch rot. The usual crotch rot powder (zinc oxide) didn't get rid of it, so, there was a little fungus in with the crotch rot, so I had to start putting cream on the crotch rot, and it took about 2 and a half weeks to get rid of that. Meanwhile, I didn't use any Aldara, but the wart shrunk and disappeared! I know that sounds wierd, at least it does to me, unless my immune system WAS stimulated. BTW, the doctor (according to documentation) is supposed to show you the right way to apply Aldara, but he wasn't around when I went to the clinic to pick it up. So I basically just slopped it onto the wart and let it be absorbed by the wart. BTW, this IS how it happened, I'm not lying.

4. Now, I've got 2 warts, in different locations from where the first one was- both basically on my groin. So, I'm starting up the Aldara again, but I am putting petroleum jelly on the skin around the warts for protection against Erythema.

5. Question- I read that the incubation period for warts can be a maximum of 6 months. If 6 months passes and I get no warts, does this mean I'm cured? OTOH, can these warts keep appearing on me for the rest of my life, assuming no cure becomes available in the future?

Many thanks to STUMP DOG for your concern and contributions to my thread. Thanks, man.

I reckon this is the price of an education.

Once you get the virus, you will always have it. Whether you will ever see visible warts again depends on the kind of antibody your body builds. Some physicians tell patients that if they don't see any warts for 6 months, they are cured. Use of the word "cure" means you developed a good antibody and probably won't see visible warts again, not that the virus is eliminated from your body.

Meanwhile, I didn't use any Aldara, but the wart shrunk and disappeared!

Careful. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's dissappeared. You should probably stick with the treatment (as side effects allow) to make sure the sucker is really gone, or you may find it cropping up again in a few months.

Nice thread guys. Some right info, but you kinda missed the boat on this one:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Penile intraepithelial neoplasia is usually positive for high-risk HPV DNA, mostly of type 16, whereas only approximately 50% of invasive penile cancers are positive for HPV DNA. This is similar to the role of high-risk HPV in vulvar carcinoma, where the attributable proportion is also approximately 40-50%. Moreover, in both sites similar histologic types of squamous cell carcinoma, i.e. the basoloid and basaloid/warty types, are mainly associated with high-risk HPV types. The studies performed so far have indicated that HPV has an etiological role in penile cancer, although the attributable proportion may be only approximately 40-50%.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and:

Recent progress in molecular biology suggests a certain relationship between the penile cancer and human papillomavirus infection.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

from pubMed search "penile cancer " and "HPV"

Translated? Watch those warts boys, other wise you *may* get cancer of the schlonger....

-j-

Archived