Got Something on My dick....

Savittre

If you get a good enough exposure then yes you can get multiple warts. the fact that you only have one and it is at the base of your old fella then I would asume that you are a condom user and thereby reduced your exposure (although you can still get them on the uper part of your nob even when a condom is worn). Bear in mind that you may have a few more that only a trained eye can see which is another good reason to get profesional help, and yes a quick look is all they need to diagnose HPV. It is usual that they will test for everything else anyway while they have you there. Good luck and don't worry about it too much.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be a cyst, there are alot of big pores around that area.. But most of the time the cysts will get infected and turn red. Warts are contagous and easily removed by a dematologist. Cysts will usually go away on there own.

Keep an eye on it.. use protection. If it gets any bigger or does not go away then see a doctor.. just dont put wart remover on it, unless you are sure that it is

Says fast_fred:

Sounds like warts matey. Just go and get it nuked with some liquid Nitrogen, and as far as being painful goes I would rate this treatment as 0.2 on a scale from 0-10.

Yep, exactly. Just why do some people insist that it's painful and difficult to treat? It's almost fun to have, I tell you.

So, I see this posted: Exactly...sometimes I'll pretend I have a dose so i have an excuse to nip down for some nitro action.

OK, so why don't I keep it goin' by saying this whole thread was just a joke? :)

Actually, I did see a doctor, and the wart is venereal. So, I found out that small warts may be treated with a topical application called Podophyllin. I'm going to go this route first.

There's been a fair bit mentioned about pain, but I can't really see it as part of the equation. I have a problem I have to deal with. If it hurts, it hurts, but there's no getting around the fact that it has to be dealt with. :p Small price to pay, considering those women!!!

Savittre,

sounds like a handy addition to the old medicine bag. Can Podophyllin be obtained over the counter from the local trusty pharmicist? And if so at what cost? Any idea of the active ingredients?

Gee i ask at lot of questions sometimes ::

Hi All,

Today, the doctor finally got me some Aldara 5% cream, AKA Imiquimod. I still have just this one (miserable) wart, which hasnt changed much, it grows, but really slowly.

I didnt see the doctor when I picked up the medicine, but he left a couple of sheets of info about it, which give rise to a question or two. I have to wonder what made him decide to get Aldara instead of Podophyllin. I could ask him, but I wonder if anyone out there knows?

First of all, when I did consult the doctor, I said to him something like- Well, I guess Ill have to abstain from sex until this wart is cleared up, right? He said to use a condom. I dont want to pass this problem on to anyone else, but I dont want to abstain from sex needlessly. Does anyone out there really know what the best way to handle this is? Ive noticed the condom does cover the wart, but the warts at the base of my dick, and condoms do tend to slip and so on... Its dicey.

I also read this- Some virus types that cause venereal warts are associated with genital malignancies. I didnt like the sound of that! Regarding malignancies, I read about cervical cancer for women, but are there any malignancies that apply to men? And if so, how do you find out? Blood test? Whats the time frame for these malignancies? Life-long or what?

Does anyone know if it would be a good idea to put petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the skin around the wart to protect it from the effects of the Aldara? I have read that this is a good thing to do if you are using Podophyllin.

FYI, this Aldara is to be used until the wart is completely gone or for a maximum of 16 weeks! Whoa! If I had known we were talking about 16 weeks, I probably would have had the damn thing cut off just to have it done with.

I will post regarding the effectiveness of the Aldara in my case. Thanks to you all! :)

p.s. I dont know if Podophyllin is available over the counter or not. I am not in LOS, but nearby. Anyway, I went to the pharmacy today and they just said they didnt have any. It appeared that they looked. As far as LOS goes, it seems most things are available over the counter....

Aldara causes less discomfort than podophylin-maybe you looked a little wimpy to the doctor. But since it works by stimulating the immune system, it generally takes longer. You don't need to use vaseline as Aldara won't affect normal skin (like podophylin), but it may cause some redness. If you read the package insert, it will tell you that Aldara may weaken a condom.

Archived