Shirts with dirty faces

Zaad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Just like I bet most Thais found the image of HM the King offensive."

Okay, you have worn me down. :(

I promise never to wear a picture of anyone in the Royal family if they'll do away with all of the bin Laden shrits and Hitler ads. Umm...not that I WAS planning on wearing any such shirt, mind you.

Hi,

"Okay, you have worn me down"

Yes!!! I win :)

Seriously though, I can see where you are coming from, but it all comes down to the fact that different people are offended by different things. And unfortunately some are not mature enough to threat others as they expect to be treated.

Sanuk!

"Try putting an anti-monarchy T-shirt on and walking down the street!"

Sure you can't do that in LOS, because their rules on freedom of expression and speech (albeit two-faced) aren't as open as in the US. But you could do it the states. Sure the foreign ministry would complain and theaten but in the end it is your choice.

Same with the restaraunt in Philly. No one forced them to stop using HM's image, no one banned it. The restaraunt chose to respect the cultural issue.

In the same way, people SHOULD respect many peoples opinion on the bin Ladin issue, but they should not be forced to.

On a side note, in either the Nation or Post today there is an issue being raised over a new Christina Aguiellera video, titled "Dirrty", in which a sign reading "Sex Tour in Thailand" can be seen. The Thais are shitting bricks over how it portrays their country in a negative light and are urging the world to ban the video and for the artist to apologize.

Ah, the double standard. ::

"And unfortunately some are not mature enough to threat others as they expect to be treated."

Tsk-Tsk! Spelling! You obviously meant "...not mature enough to THREATEN others as they expect to be THREATENED." :)

Personally, I MYSELF am offended by the illustration of the stag on bottles of Jaegermeister, and I DEMAND an apolgy from the German government, the immediate changing of the label, and considerable financial remuneration for my mental anguish. :)

This reminds me of the housewife in the U.S. who years ago was offended by photos of the Giant Red Spot on Jupiter. No shit. she actually went to court and tried to sue NASA and others to make them stop showing it. The judge threw it out of court and said something like she should get a life.

Hi!

[red]It is also an offence to deny the holocaust happened.

[/red]

It's the same in Sweden. The interesting part is that to my knowledge this is the only denial of genocide that one can be prosecuted for. It is not an offense to deny the Turks genocide on Armenians nearly 100 years ago. It is also not an offense to deny the genocide on indians in the Americas. I south America this was ongoing as late as the sixties, mayby even into the seventies.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived