Shirts with dirty faces

Zaad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often see a young fat boy on his motorbike at the Chumpon market protecting his brains(?) with a nazi helmet. It used to upset me, now I shake my head everytime he crosses my path. They have no clue, but do not make them loose face!!!

Is it ok to wear a T-shirt with the stars and stripes at school then??? I will equally shake my head....

Siam Siam, just read your comment, nazi potato chips, unbelievable but true....

Mai pen rai....

[color:"red"]Kids of course don't know anything, so they aren't to blame.[/color]

When I was ten I new damned wel what I was doing, I hope I wasn't the only one....

Reminds me a trip to Israel recently, Around Betlehem drove by two smiling kids (8-10), stopped at a view point to admire the scenery, the smiling kids walked by, drove off, they smiled again, Then in the rear miror I saw them gun firing at me. Sure they didn't now what they were doing???

Full of hate already...

"...Pretty much the same reaction as the ad agency in the States when they used a portrait of HM the King, right?

Sanuk!..."

If I recall correctly, the ad with the King's image was not from an ad agency, just from the owners of a local restaurant in Philadelphia, on the east coast of the USA, where they view things quite differently. In "Philly," it is o.k. to make fun of the Dali Lama, or a "foreign religion" but don't insult the pope or the local football coach... And yes, I concider it the same thing (making fun of the King, or sporting a Bin laddan shirt, both are disrespectful). If you (you being anyone in generel) knows that a society holds a person in reverence, then they should show respect to those people, and not poke fun of that person. Like wise, if a group of people hold a person in contempt (as most of the world does Hitler, or Bin Laddan), then people should not hold that person up in praise in front of a group that might be offended.

But anyway, I would be more than happy to stop portraying photos of the king (if I HAD been doing so, which I had not) if they stopped joking around with Hitler and bin Laden. They can do it, we can do it.

Say, this is sounding like a previous thread, isn't it?

Hi!

In my country the display of blatantly nazy symbols like the swastika is subject to criminal prosecution. I'm quite sure it is the same in Germany and probably in other European countries as well. I'm not sure though that this is the right way to fight right wing extremists. It's basically taking away the same democratic freedom that they would if they were in control.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived