Quitting Smoking

SUZIBANDIT

Update: The Bumrumgrad doesn't have Zyban, but they offer a substitute instead (different brand name). I consulted a doctor, payed approx. THB 3000 for the tabs, and....

I am still smoking. :(

May be, I will have to give it a more serious try. :rolleyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suzibandit,

Good for you. I'm in the same boat as you. Smoke a pack to a pack and a half (When drinking in the bars always more) a day. I quit finally this past New Year's Eve. Haven't had once since, and am determined this time to quit for good. (I've quit many times, latest time this past June/July. Lasted about 6 weeks.)

Question sir, where did you buy the Nicorette gum in BKK, and what was the cost? I bought some here in the states (around 40 dollars US for a package of 108 pieces) I'm using 4 or 5 pieces a day when the craving gets to its worst. It's worked so far. I was thinkng of buying another box of 108 here before my trip over on Friday, but if I can get it there in Bangkok, especially if it is cheaper, there I'd rather do that. It's good to know the gum is available. I priced the nicotine patches there in Bangkok this past June, and they were priced the same as here in the states. No real savings buying them there in Thailand.

Stay strong Suzibandit.

I know how tough quitting is. I hope to stay smoke free this time/try. 2 weeks no smokin' so far. It is worse in the LOS too. The ciggies are so damned cheap!! I've smoked tobacco over 35 years, pot for around 15 years when younger. They say the wacky tabacky is even worse, since you hold it in deeper and longer and it is unfiltered.

Cent

Archived