Quitting Smoking

SUZIBANDIT

I stopped smoking over 2 years ago, but last time i was in thailand i did smoke a few ciggarets a day when i was out drinking and now i am back in sweden and i dont smoke at all again, (Marlboro Lights and nothing else by the way>) the girl i was with smoked and i just took a few to see what it taste like after so long time, also ran out of SNUS swedish thing and until i found a bar that sold it i smoke a few ciggs a day.

its esay not doing nothing and when u stopped u see what a waste of time it was to smoke. but on the other hand its no big deal if you smoke either its a matter of health and how your organism is taking it. but sooner or later i guess it affects your health in big way. i didnt get as restless as i use to when i was smoking and also not until you stop smoke you can tell how bad smokers smell.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stop..suck up the shakes, the sweats, the cravings, the overeating, the crankiness, the chest pains, the nervousness, the desire to rip off peoples heads and shit down their necks...

Just do it, be a man..

Me..two years cold turkey

• 1 month later...

Says iuytrede:

last time I checked (about a year ago) Zyban/bupropion/amfebutamone was not available in pharmacies, but Bumrungrad had it.

I ask my pharmacist today again (KS-Pharmacy nearby Robinsons). He told me the same, so I will stick to the hospital.

SUZIBANDIT,

I am somewhat an expert on this topic having given up smoking many times :) This time I seem to be winning !

I have actually given up sometimes for as long as 5 years!

I have tried cold turkey, herbal tablets, gum, patches etc etc.

Of all those, the patches were the worst. Because I had reduced my smoking and was only smoking low tar, the patches seemed to give me a nicotine overdose! Heart racing, sweating etc. Gave me a fright I can tell you.

OK, so what has worked for me? Hypnotism. Don't laugh. It did.

Went along with an open mind, willing to give it a try.........and walked out a non smoker. Best $100 I ever spent. Cravings totally gone. Really made me a non smoker ! I would not waste my money on other methods.

Sid

Interesting.

But how long since the treatment?

Do you have to go back for a refresher?

Reason I ask is that I had a friend who told me the cravings had completely gone after hypnotic treatment - but he was pulling on a cancer stick a few months later and told me the effects of the hypnotism wore off and the cravings returned.

Archived