The Factory

Sarisin

Speaking of new bars/clubs...

Spotted this one just down from Soi 3 on the BG7 side of Sukhumvit. Easy to spot as it has that same Blue Glow at the Big Blue Bar further up Sukhumvit.

Appears to be on two floors, but have not checked it out yet. Might do so on the way to Genesis tonight.

Anybody else have a visit yet?

Hi Sarasin -

'Good to meet you the other day at Cathouse. I'd damn near forgotten that marshmellows existed, until I saw your little "ghost" candies.

At any rate, I hit the Factory twice yesterday. As you walk by, it looks like a narrow tube of a building, with two pool tables in it, and a couple of service girls hanging around.

Well, it turns out that it is a two-level place - climb the stairs, and you open out into a very spacious room with five pool tables, and a second full bar upstairs. And - this place serves food - they have a kitchen on second floor.

According to the printed menu, the correct name is Factory Connection. It turns out that this place is at least part-owned by the folks who own Bush Gardens, above Thermae.

I really liked the upstairs area. Very open and spacious. Service was good, prices were unremarkable. Music was 70's/80's/90's pop, at a nice background level. I talked to one cute service girl from Chayapuum - she said the place first opened on Tuesday, October 29th. Waitresses wear a snappy little blue and silver getup, with bare midriff - quasi cheerleader style.

Downstairs was pretty warm (open to the street), but upstairs was well air-conditioned. Two wall mounted TV's upstairs, although neither was turned on yesterday.

I tried to find out if the waitresses were barfineable by asking her - she seemed very alarmed (I guess she thought I was asking to barfine her right then), and made it emphatically clear that service staffwas not barfineable. A few minutes later, she came back to me while I was waiting to take a pool shot and amplified her previous remarks by interjecting that ladies working the DAYTIME shiftwere not bar fineable. So I then asked about nighttime girls, and she simply nodded. While I was there, some girl in street clothes came to talk to this service girl - this was DEFINITELY a stunner. I asked her if she worked at the Factory - she said no. Then she added that she was getting married soon. To a farang (Brit). I then asked her where she used to work - she said she never worked at a bar, then added cheerily "I freeworker lady" - presumably her version of "freelancer."

All the pool tables and equipment is brand spanking new. The tables are coin-operated, 20 baht per throw. Tables are 8 or 9 foot, with EXTREMELY fast surface - even faster than Brunswick. One quirky thing is that on the upstairs tables (only), the 8-ball is white, with just a black number spot (size of a one baht coin, with a silver "8" superimposed).

At night, the all the table lighting is UV light, copying the effect from Big Blue pool bar down circa Ambassador Plaza area, and the balls sort of float around in flourescent splendor.

I think the upstairs part of this place will become very popular, very fast.

Your humble reporter,

The Fighting Fish

OH -

This place is next door to Check In 99. If you are on Soi 5, coming from Foodland, and you take a left at Sukhumvit, it is the second place on your left hand side - next to Check Inn and one of the gaily colored "barber shop-cum-extra" shops.

"Let the good times roll!"

The Fighting Fish

Sounds like I need to get down there and check out these new uniforms.........cheerleaders I like! But that'll have to wait till the end of the month.....god if they are any good I might even take up pool!

Uniformguy

Nice to meet you too Stone Soup, and I owe you a drink - taking off quickly before giving me a chance to reciprocate.

Yes, for those of you in the know (I guess we are talking Yanks here) I took some marshmallow peeps but these were white ghosts for Halloween instead of the usual yellow chicks for Easter. It was great fun watching the Cathouse kittens eat these things - don't think they had a clue to what marshmallow might be!

Yes, I had a quick look in The Factory too on the way to NEP last night, but did not check out the upstairs. I wish I would have as I am not a pool player and the downstairs didn't interest me much.

Oh well, now Sukhumvit has two Blue Glow Bars. :)

Walked by it today. Saw the stairs upstairs but never went up.

Will do though.

I think though that the tables are not 9 foot as I don't know of any 9-footer coin ops. But this is Thailand and there seems to be more exceptions to every rule here than anywhere, hehe.

<<burp>>

Archived