Fire in Bangkok?

khunsanuk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is/was a fire is the slums next to the expressway as you pass Rama 4 road (heading towards port it would be on the left hand side, right after the entrance ramp from Rama 4 road).

A lot of smoke and a bunch of firetrucks on the expressway, but it looked like no water trucks.

I passed by at 5:15 and it was already burning.

I just came out of my office and about 8 fire engines were heading down Sukhumvit towards Big Blue - traffic then snarled up down soi 15 to the cut through to soi 3, so could easily be another fire at Ambassador hotel or around there. I sincerely hope they were not the same one's that Khun Sanuk saw an hour earlier. If they are, dont count on fast assistance if Nana Plaza went up, although I am sure the Tobacco monopoly will send up their fleet of about 6 fire engines at the end of soi 4.

Strangest thing is that they had a fire at Times Square on Saturday - Berlitz language school closed and elevators screwed up all day. Must be the fire season as well as the end of the wet season!!

Cheers

Curious to see what's going on. Here, across from the G.P. in soi 11, Dee and I have been hearing a series of booms, sounding like thunder, gunfire, or fire explosions since about 7pm. Police/ambulance sirens were heard about 15 minutes later. It's been quiet for the last 10 minutes or so.

Archived