Any Thai Turkey for Thanksgiving?

kkr98

Will be in BKK during Thanksgiving (US Holiday). Any suggestions or possibilities where one might find a Turkey dinner with all the fixings on Thurs. 11-28-02?

Roast turkey please, no red,yellow, or green curry turkey for me please. The only red I want on my turkey is cranberry.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! One of the best (if not THE best) Thanksgiving spreads is the all-you-can-eat-with-all-the-trimmings Thanksgiving feast at Bourbon Street Bar and Grill in Washington Square on Sukhumvit Road. (The Dubliner is at the entrance to the Square, and Bourbon Street is around way in back.) Just off Sukhumvit Soi 22, between that soi and The Emporium Shopping Center, accessible from the Phrom Phong Skytrain Station. The shadowy Siam Sam will be there yet again this year Hee Hee Hee. :)

It's fairly cheap, although I can't remember the exact price. They do NOT take reservations, as there's just TOO many people coming and going on that day, but you can always wait at the bar for a table. Starts at lunchtime and continues on into the night. A truly excellent feed and true value for your baht.

Ah! Found their website:

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com

Ate there last year. was just OK. But it ws fun. Food was scarce late so get there early. We had reservations, but was with the pongers.

Oh shit. I think that was Christmas! Oh well. The turket was fine. The beer was cold and in pitchers. Many pitchers! Not too much Thai food for tilac, but she was happy. But who wouldn't be, in the company of:

That must have been Christmas. I asked for reservations for Thanksgiving, and they said they don't allow them for Thanksgiving. We were there around 7:00 or 8:00 PM and plenty of food. It was being cooked all day and night long. Roast AND baked turkey and all the trimmings, all of it never stopped coming out from the kitchen.

One more place that I've found to be good over the years, too, is Gourmet Gallery. A set dinner, not all you can eat, but really very good. Rather expensive, but I can recommend it. You MUST have reservations, or you will be turned away at the door. Somewhat fancy place, we saw former Prime Minister Anand there having Thanksgiving dinner with his family one year, but not TOO fancy.

On a subsoi (Promsri 1) off of Sukhumvit Soi 39. Here's THEIR website:

http://www.gourmetgallery.co.th

Ah, and HERE is the menu for this years Thanksgiving dinner at Gourmet Gallery:

Gourmet Gallery offers memorable traditional New England Thanksgiving Feast. This annual event has become a big favorite for everyone and advanced reservation is highly recommended.

Thursday, November 28, 2002

Friday, November 29, 2002

Lunch and Dinner

Thanksgiving menu

Corn and Rock Lobster Chowder

Fresh Baked Buttermilk Corn Bread

With Honey Butter

Roast Turkey

with Herbed Sausage and Garlic Stuffing

Brandied Giblet Gravy Cranberry-Orange Relish

Butternut Squash and Carrot Puree

Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts and Onions

Potato and Wild Mushroom Gratin

Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie

with Allspiced-Walnut Crust Served with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

Apple Caramel in Crisp Pastry

Served with Ginger Custard Sauce

Homemade Pecan Pie

With Bourbon Ice Cream

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that they also offer this on Friday, so if you REALLY feel like doing up Thanksgiving, go to Bourbon street on Thursday and Gourmet Gallery on Friday. :) But forget reservations at GG being merely "recommended." We found out the hard way what happens when you don't have them there.

And I believe you only get your choice of one of the three vegetable combos and one of the three desserts listed.

They have some gobbling turkeys in the Star of light!
It's ironic you interjected the Star of Light onto this Thanksgiving feast thread...I am planning to go there but haven't decided if before lunch (to build up an appetite) or after (second dessert). Any suggestions, sage one? ::

I had the Thanksgiving Special in Cafe New Orleans, Soi Pattayaland 2 one year and it was outstanding. Not a buffet though and I think it cost around 700 baht.

Also, I suspect some of the bigger hotels (Royal Gardens, Hard Rock, etc.) would feature a Thanksgiving menu. Not sure about a Thanksgiving Buffet though.

I will be airborne all day Thanksgiving on my way back to the LOS. I suppose NW Business Class will serve up some turkey and cranberry sauce for me, but it just won't be the same. :(

Archived