Any Thai Turkey for Thanksgiving?

kkr98

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the big hotels, including the ones you mentioned, have some sort of Thanksgiving spread. However, in most cases it is only one plate of food (with extras, of course) and quite expensive.

That's why Bourbon Street is a Pigout Dream because it is cheap (700 baht last year, I think) and it is all-you-can eat.

The gross tonnage waddling out of that restaurant Thanksgiving Day is one for Ripley's.

::

My wife and I ate at the Thanksgiving buffet at the JW Marriot last year and it was outstanding! We have eaten in some of the highest rated restaurants in the US and the Chef here really did a great job. It's one of the main reasons we planned our return trip to BKK to be the week of Thanksgiving. I think the cost last year was about 25 per person with wine. but for the quality of the meal it was a bargain. -Karl

It's a buffet. It's pretty much the same buffet they have every day, but turkey is added to the carving board, as well as other thanksgiving trimmings. Its probably the best buffet I've had here, and I hit em all. Be prepared to eat a lot, as there is a ton of great dishes that are too tempting to pass up.

The price is about 1,000 Baht per person(including service charge, VAT, and a drink).

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry I will be missing this as I will be on a NW B-747 most of Thanksgiving.

Not to start a new thread here, but I will be back in the LOS Christmas and usually go to Bourbon St. for the feed which is similar to their Thanksgiving fare.

Do you suppose the Marriott will have the same deal for Christmas as this?

For me when i staying in LOS im absolutely not interesting in western holidays like christmas, easter etc. If i would be interesting on it, it would be better im stay at home.

I saw not for only one time farangs checkin christmas trees at the airport to bring it to LOS. Its horrible.

I think it is a lot different when you live in Thailand mentors.

IMO, the Christmas/New Year's holiday is the best time to be in the LOS.

I'm sure you would not chase a lovely Thai girl wearing a Santa hat off your lap mentors because you were not interested in Christmas. :p

I spent last Turkey Day in Pattaya, hanging around a couple of guys who must be cousins of Mentors...they had the exact same attitude concerning Farang holidays. I wound up at an outdoor cafe on Soi Diamond, eating a bowl of something with squid legs sticking out over the sides! I guess not everyone gets into that holiday spirit.

Over Turkey Day this year, I'm making a solo trip to Angeles City for my first visit there. I'll be stuffing my face at the Orchid Inn come Thursday - and enjoying every minute of it!

Archived