Any Thai Turkey for Thanksgiving?

kkr98

I guess I will just miss you Al.

I am departing NJ the 28th (Thanksgiving) for BKK. I will be in AC Dec. 3rd, also staying at the Orchid - and eating many meals at Margarita Station. I suppose they will have Thanksgiving eats there. I wonder what you will be stuffing your face with at the Orchid? ::

Save some of those Filopina cuties for me, my friend. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the sentiments about the holidays meaning more when you live there rather than go as a tourist.

Although my first Christmas in Thailand was a bit of a nightmare. I was staying in a bungalow on Koh Phi Phi right nextdoor to the Christmas/New Years festival. Non-stop blaring music from 6PM until about 6AM. Kind of fun the first night but after over a week of this I was ready to kill.

It's a little bit rough teaching a scuba class after my fifth or sixth night without sleep.

Christmas dinner at the Bluefin Tavern in Kata the next year was much better.

that very lunch buffet I had last week & while it was rather extensive & included most common thai dishes along with soups & noodle & seafood the taste was not very good compared to your average thai restaurent :(

just my experience - hell my thai date even had to goto the toilet to puke during the meal, but that was probably due to extensive amounts of tequila & breezers the night before...

• 2 weeks later...

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I missed having a Thanksgiving dinner altogether. Could not make it to Bourbon Street. :(

How was it there? And how was that lunch at Gourmet Gallery?

I was airborne Thanksgiving and forced to endure NW Airlines version of Chicken Lasagna. :(

However, a friend of mine went to Bourbon St. for the Thanksgiving Day Pigout and pronounced it outstanding. He nearly collapsed his stool with the added tonnage.

He said the place was packed and he had to sit at the bar. Also, the cost was about 700 baht - the same as last year I believe.

Same deal on Christmas, and this I won't miss.

Better than eating Balut Burgers here in the PI. ::

Um, I have never really TASTED balut.

Just slurped that sucker out of the egg and let it slide down my throat. Any possible hint of a taste is quickly washed away by instant massive consumption of San Miguel.

Definitely a thing that should be attempted only by drunk and other clueless individuals. :o

Archived