Shrimp

greedisgood

From today's BP

Taming the Shrimp

Anyone else noticed that Bangkok's nightlife has been a little more restrained of late? It may be due to the fact that the city's oldest rocker and rogue, Patrick Gauvain, has been out of action. The man known as `Shrimp' has been hospitalised for a month, getting over a chronic bout of pneumonia he picked up while on assignment in Japan. "I was getting hot and wet working outside and then walking straight into air-conditioned rooms, and repeating the process day in day out," explained the 50-something-plus veteran photographer.

"The combination of and hot and cold proved almost fatal." On his return to Thailand, Patrick checked into a local hospital with a hearty cough and cold, which was later diagnosed as pneumonia. Four weeks later, he checked out, recovered though not quite his old self. Will this inveterate party-goer be taking things easier from now on? Patrick insists he won't. He's not about to change his ways. Close friends have a different opinion. They're certain Shrimp may have finally been tamed. We shall see.

Greed,

I'll be in Chiang Mai for 3-4 nights on my upcoming trip. I'll drop you a e-mail so we can work something out to get together. I wouldn't mind getting 18 in with you and of course sucking down a few as well, if you can break away from your babe. I'll have one in tow with me when I come up there. I've known her for a couple years. Take care.

augustart

Hi Greed,

I see you are ok.

I'll come to Bangkok on Monday 18. of November.

Well, I think that I'll be in Chiang Mai on 23. or 24. or 25.

I am not sure. But on one of these days I'll arrive in Chiang Mai. It would be nice if we can meet for some beers in CM.

Arrival in CM:

23-Nov-02 Saturday

24-Nov-02 Sunday

25-Nov-02 Monday

I sent an email to you.

greetings

Charly Hamburg/ Germany

• 2 weeks later...

Shrimp's nude models were always bar girls -- since who else would dare pose nude here. As I recall, he went to a car show or something like that in England, taking his BG of the moment along with him. They were photographed together, and I think he got her on as one of the car show models. (May even have been several BG models.) Somebody here -- society women type, I think -- decided that Shrimp was damaging the country's image. (The old familiar complaint ...) Anyway, when Shrimp came back they sicced the law on him. If I remember correctly, he got thrown in the clink for alleged tax evasion or something. He moved to Hong Kong for a while, but then came back to LOS. All those pics you see on line are oldies, taken say a dozen or more years ago. I recognise some of the models from the bar scene of the mid '80s. Wonder what pics he was taking this time, since I haven't seen any new Thai pics by him since before his brush with the law.

Shrimp used to do a tasteful girlie calendar that was sold by the King's Group in Patpong. I saw the calendars advertised on line a few years ago, but still with the old pics. Do a Google search for Shrimp pics and some links will surely come up. There even used to be a Shrimp site. May still be.

Archived