Crackdown Over! Police lay down the law!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a small article in yesterday's Bangkok Post re last weeks transfer of the policeman from Lumpini station requested by the Interior Minister after the minister himself led a 'raid' on a Patpong watering hole which was still open after 2.00 am.

The minister himself felt that the punishment was too light and that further punishment of this policeman was necessary and instructed the chief of police or whatever to take care of it.

The laws as is will be enforced

I have always arrived in BKK in the late flying from the east coast tired but pumped up.I shower,shave and prior to the hunt, which take me til 1am. Are their still girls hanging around the Nana lobby late at night?

Does the Nana restaurant still sell beer after 1am?

Other than my first night, this early closing is no problem for me.

Thanks

I had been told that over the last couple pof nights, the bars at Clinton had been closing at 1:00 AM, but now it is official. I know for me, it doesn't bother me in the least, in fact it is probably a good thing because it means that I will probably get home earlier, get more sleep and be in a better shape for work. Gotta feel sorry for guys on holiday though. Just like when the Thermae first started closing early, thisd is going to change the whole dynamic of Thailand's naughty nightlife.

Stick

1 a.m Closing is not strictly correct. the bar has to be empty of customers by 1 a.m. effectively making it a 12.45 closing. There is no paying your bill and nursing your drink to 1.01 or later.

An alternative to Thermae is in the process of being negotiated alternatively start going to the Grace, a number of the dancers are finding their way there. There are some reasonable quality girls there, 2 of the new girls in Rockhard came from there, both young and pretty, one of them has great tits.

quote:

Originally posted by nepfan:

There was a meeting at the Lumphini police station with all bar owners today at 5PM today. Nana Plaza, Clinton Plaza and all bars within the Lumphini police district will now close at 1 AM sharp! No exceptions and no slack!

nepfan

Any ideas on the knock-on effects of this for the girls? Presumably less hours=less drinks sold at exorbitant prices=less profit. Are the girls facing cuts in their salaries due to less hours being worked?

Given that this would also mean a) less tips B) fewer drunken customers=smaller tips=less chance of being barfined and c) less chance of fitting in several short-times, this could have serious financial implications for many, especially the less popular girls.

It is harder to feel sympathy for the bar owners but some of them must be hurting too. There was a view being expressed a while ago that the whole purpose of the crackdown was to drive out the evil farang owners by eating into their profit margins so that Thais can step in and resume control of the action, thus freeing the cream of Thai womanhood from the farang opressor. It seemed a bit extreme at the time but now I am starting to consider this as a genuine possibility.

LG

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

Archived