Crackdown Over! Police lay down the law!

quote:

Originally posted by robaus:

Money paid to the BG is the most direct form of foreign aid I know.. straight to the village in Isaan.

Does anyone have any information official or otherwise on the estimated value of the sex industry to Thailand? Not just ST fees but all related spinoff business, plus BGs who use the industry as a chance (which they wouldn't otherwise have) to form relationships with farangs.

I'm curious to know how really valuable sex tourism is to the economy however unsavoury it may be.

there can't be any official data, only rough estimates which will inevitably be wrong as there still is no reliable numbers on how many women are involved in the different forms of prostitution.

also i contest the idea of prostitution a form of development aid. some money might go straight into the village, a lot will disappear in the hands of the underground economy, drugs and gambling in specific, and from there in the hands of godfathers, politicians.

has anybody counted in the secondary costs of prostitution on the economy. meaning the health systhem (AIDS), disruption of village societies, drugaddiction, migration?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion the Thermae closing early is an absolute disaster.

Quite often my flight from London has arrived just after 4am and this has given me time to get down to the Thermae by about 5.30 am.

However, I often use it as back-stop if the little cutie I have gone with earlier is not producing the goods as originally offered. At about 4 am I say "..we go for walk" have a quick (discounted1) payoff in the lift and then I pop down to the Thermae from about 4am until 6am.

After that with my new found cutie pop into Foodland (Soi 5) for some Pad Thai and a few more beers before hitting the sack at about 8am.

Bangkok will never be the same again!!! frown.gif" border="0

Fatbastard33

Long Gun,

You got it in one! The bar owners will hurt and I can confirm that prices at another Bangkok nightlife area will go up TOMORROW...at least one bar, the best in that area will be putting up prices and I would expect that others in that area will follow...

Stick

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

Bangkok will never be the same again!!!
frown.gif" border="0

Fatbastard33

Since 5 or 6 years Bangkok is never the same

as before. Beautiful girls mostly are gone and now most girls comes from Isaan only.

But i thinking that on Highseason the Bars

will open till 2.a.m. or 3.a.m..

Many years before they closed bars for a

while at 01.a.m.. after that they gone

back to the old closing times.

Its always the same gameshow. Thailand need Farang Money and withouth the Sanukscene there will be soon a very big financial problem.

For Thailand i mean its impossible to crackdown the nightlifescene if the standard of living to Thaipeople is not higher.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Mentors ]

Hi,

As already expressed by most people here, this will have a serious effect on the scene. But, and this may be something people don't want to hear, I think people will most likely adapt.

Sarisin's idea may not be so bad, although it probably won't be the same, going barhopping at 3pm.

I am afraid though that this may be the end of Thermae. Its biggest source of income was always late night (early morning?) traffic. That is now taken away.

BTW, it will be interesting to see what the closing times for karaoke places will be. They have a tendency to stay open late as well.

Sanuk!

I agree, people will adapt.

People start their night out late, why? because they can. I think we shall see the starting times change for going out.instead of 9-10pm to8-9pm

There is a bonus, the impetus is now on the girls to get a customer before 0100, a great bargaining point! no more, Well I can try for a punter who will pay xxx more than is being offered. because there wont be any punters available after 1-2am

Originally posted by rictic:

"1 a.m Closing is not strictly correct. the bar has to be empty of customers by 1 a.m. effectively making it a 12.45 closing. There is no paying your bill and nursing your drink to 1.01 or later."

Last Saturday, at CM Square, the music stopped playing at 2 a.m., the lights came on, but patrons kept hanging till at least 2.30 a.m.

Money paid to the BG is the most direct form of foreign aid I know.. straight to the village in Isaan.

Does anyone have any information official or otherwise on the estimated value of the sex industry to Thailand? Not just ST fees but all related spinoff business, plus BGs who use the industry as a chance (which they wouldn't otherwise have) to form relationships with farangs.

I'm curious to know how really valuable sex tourism is to the economy however unsavoury it may be.

Yesterday at the meeting the police specified all customer OUT of the bar by 0100, they made a specific point of that. No sitting around nursing drinks, ALL customers out by 0100.

Archived