500-Baht ST

Have I been paying too much for STs with freelancers? My standard for years now has been 1000 baht. Everyone's been happy with that, and that seems generally to be the going rate anyway. I know that some guys don't like to haggle with the girl ahead of time, but I prefer to discuss it up front myself and get it settled. Makes for a more relaxing time.

Well, I was out Saturday night, and I thought I would try a little experiment: I would hunt for a freelancer and offer 500 baht, just to see if there were any takers. It was past closing time at Thermae, so I sauntered along Sukhumvit. I asked one cutie if she would do ST for 500 baht, and she said No, 1500 Baht. I guess I was supposed to bargain her down to 1000, but I said no and kept going, and Voila! The second girl I asked said Okay without hesitation. And this was a nice looking girl.

Especially when I'm shopping for a freelancer, I'm rather choosy, I don't consider any girl who looks rough or skanky. This girl looked very presentable, so I don't think it was a desperation acceptance, made because no one else would have her. I did, I must admit, detect an ever-so-brief glance at her watch, and the time (around 2:30) could have factored in; she might have figured at that hour that it was either me or no one else.

But she did a fine job for that 500 baht, also extremely attractive without her clothes, and I got her phone number, in order to have another go maybe later this month. So, I ask once more: Have I been paying too much for freelancers? I think I'll try this strategy again. If anyone else out there can duplicate my test results, please report here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really depends on the girl,her mood and needs at that particular time,and yourself,probably of more things actually.Sometimes I get freelancers for 500,in some places,particulary Novotel,I got a 1000 baths offer turned down several times.300baths is not unheard off in Sukkhumvit.

Hooray!!! someone with balls. You have done the best thing to all us males. Keep those prices down!!! The smell of an increase for the price of ST will just esculate prices allround. Keep it up ;)

"seeing is believing, feeling is believing"

"300 baht? Now, isn't that getting into the skanky range? Think I'll keep it at no less than 500.'

Dunno...while some girls IMO are worth a few thousands others aren't worth a couple of hundreds.Interestingly many thais seem to feel OK with the 1500 baths short time rate in Siam Hotel coffee shop

i think its up to everyone hjow much they are willing to pay for a girl.

i think also depending on the looks, not only if you are "hansum man" if you look rich and act rich i bet you have hard time to find someone for 500bath. its same as why a professional will go for free?

if i go shorttime depending on where i am i give em a 1000, if they say up to me well then i pay for what i recive and get. but on the other hand i dont like to ST i prefer having the girl with me for my holiday and enjoy.

well many say they feel sympathy for the girls and that they come from poor familys and that they do this only for money they have no other choise..

and next second they are bargain with them over to cut 5 dollars to get laid?

comeone guys give the girls a break they are trying to make some money and build a big nice house and forget us.

Archived