500-Baht ST

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. My question was have I been paying too much for freelancers, not BGs or any other category.

I do remember way back before the baht crash in '97, standard for just about ANY girl was 500 ST and 1000 LT. (I even remember in the '80's when it was 300 for ST and 500 for LT, but bear in mind that that was at the old exchange rates.) These days there seems to be more variation in rates. I'm not out to screw the girls financially (physically, yeah :) ), just like I'm not trying to screw a regular merchant out of money by trying to find a decent bargain.

Saturday night was mainly an experiment, I wanted to see if it would be easy to find a freelancer who would take 500, and it was so easy, and she was so happy for it, that I think perhaps I should not offer an automatic 1000 each time like before. Or maybe I'm such a handsome devil, that they would in reality be willing to pay ME; perhaps that will be my next experiment. :)

I actually enjoy these posts about "how much" and "fight for your baht". When I rolled in BKK, I barfined a girl from Soi Cowboy for 300 baht and gave her 2500 long time. I thought she was a really pretty, young Laos girl and I liked her a lot! The next time I gave her 1500 short time. When I went to Pattaya, I did bar fine a girl and gave her 500 baht for short time.I wanted to see what it was like to pay the minimum. I would give the bar girls like 600 or even a couple of times, 800 baht for short time. I know maybe I paid too much and am probably ruining it for the rest of the guys here. This was my first trip so I know I did some foolish spending compared to being a more "seasoned whoremonger" ha ha ha.

Sometimes it is nice to give the girl a little extra and see a big smile on her face. I remember I offered a freelancer 1000 baht at Marine Disco in Pattaya and you should have seen the smile on her face. She was pretty happy and it was cool being affectionate with her before leaving.

The weird thing is, I do think that what some of the posters is true in that if you pay too much, sometimes the ladies won't respect you. I was trying to get this one girl who was kind of icy by putting 100 baht in her g string and then I went back and put 500 baht there!. I have never given a stripper 12 bucks in America, but hey, it was my Asian girl fantrasy and tribute to the Goddess! -- it was cool when she put ithe 500 baht in her bra to show off to the other girls. To me she was a princess and she made my heart beat faster when I sat with her. Her English got better also when I gave her some money...ha ha ha ha ha!!! For some reason, I was not able to bar fine her, but I think I tried everything I could (money talks right?). So if you are in Pattaya at the Dollhouse, and you see girl #6, please do her for me. Thanks.

The way I look at it, I would rather give my money to the girls than to the other scammers over there. On my next trip, I do plan to spend less time in Bangkok and go to Pattaya sooner where things are cheaper and I am sure I can reduce my expenses by 30% to 50% ::

Rug

normally a good looking girl from Thermae/Sukh (not a stunner):

hopes for 1000 B

considers 700 B quite good, certainly good enough to give this guy her phone number and hope for some repeat business

500 B is nothing to write home about, but is acceptable depending on circumstances. Be warned: some girls consider 500 an insult.

These are not the figures she will quote a prospective customer.

"...considers 700 B quite good, certainly good enough to give this guy her phone number and hope for some repeat business"

She was good-looking, and my 500 got me her phone number. I would think that 100 or 200 is an insult, whereas 500, at the worst, could be considered just "wishful thinking." :)

Have I been paying too much for STs with freelancers?

Yes.

I have never paid that much for ST. Well, once with a really hot go-go girl. I'm 35, decent looking, and well behaved - don't know if that makes any difference. I won't pay 1000 ST unless it's a long short time (a couple hours) with a good looking girl.

I think the fact that you did this experiment is good, and would recommend it to everybody. I've done a lot of experimenting myself: negotiating up front, not negotiation up front, paying 500 for LT, paying 1500+ for LT, telling a girl I want to stay with her for several days, etc... to see what works best.

I have to say though, I've been spending more time in BKK in the past few months since I have friends that live there or go for the weekend. The prices many girls want in BKK are just absurd IMO. Maybe due to lots of moneyed expats and business travellers? Dunno. The soi 33 bars with 1500B barfine/2000 LT to the woman just boggles my mind. Even the 600B farfines in beer bars does. Mostly pretty average women too. Not to mention I find BKK girls 'harder' which I don't like.

Seems lots of girls wait for that guy with tons of money to blow to come along and take them up on their 1000 or 1500 ST stance. Are they greedy? No. They just have their price, and it's the way they play the game. Probably the way they think about it there are plenty of guys willing to pay that amount, why not wait for them?

Fine. I play the other end of the game and wait for someone that is happy with 1000 LT, and belive me there are plenty of them even in BKK, and if the experience is good I'll be a repeat customer, something a smart girl will value more than a few hundred baht one time. One really cute BKK semi-regular freelancer calls me often to see when I'll be in BKK next, and she's always thrilled with 1000B LT. I find the girls that don't negotiate up front (which I don't like to do anyway) are usually happy with 1000 in the morning. Am I cheap? No. I just have my price and it's the way I play the game. And I've found paying more adds almost nothing to quality of experience, and often just makes it worse because you get a girl that is all about the money.

The concept of cartels is silly. There are not and cannot be any cartels. Everybody has their own style, their own price - girls and punters. It's about as free and fluid a market as you can get.

Archived