500-Baht ST

To bad we can't form a consumer cartel... :) Bargin! I remember one time at Soi 7, I was negotiating a deal when the girl started getting instructions from her friend. I kept hearing "som pan" and I immediately said "mai som pan, ha roi!!" the girl said no, and I left, 10 minutes later guess who was tugging on my sleave? her friend!! and we settled on 700. All depends on who and when, and what their needs are at the time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Old Hippie:

To bad we can't form a consumer cartel...
:)

This is exactly what the girls have done, form a cartel, thats why to my personal opinion prices are getting to crazy levels.

"Yeah, those would be the girls themselves, right?"

Right...as well.I mean many locals think it's OK to spend around 2000 on a nice looking girl(1500+400hotel and U're short of 1900).I get amazing looks when I tell some thai guys how much I sometimes pay in suk.But than I wonder how they'd look at me if they saw the girls ::

These days I'm very pro Siam Hotel BTW

SS, I have had similar results on Sukhumvit. Normally, I prefer to hop on over to the Grace Hotel if I don't find anything at Thermae, for example.

However, several times I have been quoted rates of 1,500 - 2,000 on the street. When I hear that foolishness, I don't bother to bargain and just start to walk away. Every time, I have heard the pitter patter of little feet running after me.

I have taken ladies from Sukhumvit for 500 baht, but also given outstanding performers with good looks (sounds like you had one of these) 1,000 baht for what really turned into a long time.

Then, once I took two who were sitting on the steps in front of the Delta Grand. Gave them a total of 1,100 baht and they acted like they hit the Power Ball Lottery. Outstanding doubleheader too with plenty of lady-on-lady action.

However, not sure if I would do that again. Taking one lady off the street could be dodgy, but taking two.... ::

howcome 20 dollars is so expensive? when i saw you guys talking about 150dollars an hour in singapor and hong kong?

i was walking down the beachroad in Patong down in phuket. i was with this girl. we looked at some perfume and i aksed if she wanted to buy some cause we have talked about that before of what i like and what she like in smells and diffrent brands of perfume (yes i do talk with the girls) she asked the vendor for some perfume there and got the price 280bath. she thought this was to expensive for that so we carry on, 50 meters further she see same bottle and ask for a price and gets 680 bath, to make this more fun we walked another 50 meters and this time i asked how much for the same bottle and got a price of 780bath. both of us was laughing so much and thought that is was not even worth going back to the first vendor so we just let it be until next time.

i might be in the minority here,but i don't haggle.

if i go with a BG for 1 hour,she gets 2000.

if i go with a go-go girl for 12 hours she gets 2000.

the girls know my prices and are happy(probably because i pay way too much).

but a story like OH's.

fell out with a girl and she left,i got dressed and went to local pick-up place in Patong at 04:00.

for once,not a lot of choice,but spotted one i liked and we talked.

she asked for 600 until midday and as many boom boom as i wanted,sounded good for me.

we walked of,and suddenly one of her friend's appeared and they talked.

the friend then announced i had to pay 1500 for 4 hours.

i told her NO,i had agreed price and conditions with the original girl.

friend said i had to pay more and i passed,walked off,but not before telling the original girl i would have given her at least 1000 and more,depending on how well she looked after me.

told her her friend had spoilt the moment for me and she had lost at least 1000.

told her to dump her friend and make new ones.

she went home with no Baht.

not my fault.

sayjann,

I think prices paid is the most discussed, yet least agreed upon topic on this board. There is no right answer to this. Everyone does what works for him. I would never tell anyone they paid too much, nor would I applaud a guy that got a great bargain (in his view).

IMO, if you had a good time and got what you wanted, you paid the correct price.

Having said that, my comments above were related to streetwalkers, not gogo dancers. The former generally come cheaper than the latter for a variety of reasons.

I think seasoned vets of the nightlife scene have a 'going rate' in mind depending on where he meets the lady. Of course, there are other factors too as well, such as the lady's looks, LT/ST, time of the evening, whether the lady's rent is due, ad infinitum.

If it works for you, my friend, you will get no argument from me. :)

howcome 20 dollars is so expensive? when i saw you guys talking about 150dollars an hour in singapor and hong kong?

-------------------------

I know, not talking about P4P, but it takes most of us 1 hour on arrival to forget what is a dollar (not much!) or else, and think as an unemployed financially challenged "farang". "what? 30 bahts for a khao Pat ::, last time was 25! Come on......." ::

Archived