Why ?

seashark

FYI, Italians are notorious for being cheap charlies. In this game, you don't want that image.

[color:"red"]

Can I disagree with you ?

This is the first time that I read about Italians to be miser.

FYI, two girls said me the same think about Americans...

Regards

Shark

[/color]

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that Italians are not necessarily cheap charlies, BUT they have a fundamental problem with paying for it especially thee younger ones.

Americans have a reputation for being good payers however this could just be that the bulk of American guys going are over 40 and therefore have bigger wallets.

STH

I've heard exactly the same & the french being quite similar to italians here :-/

Now to the case at hand I think she forgot him either 'cos she got too many BF's already or that she don't particularly liked him or perhaps she just haven't learnt to sms yet. ..

best tip: just hit SC again next trip & if that same girl is not there or not really interested then a dozen others are!

enjoy!

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

I have heard that Italians are not necessarily cheap charlies, BUT they have a fundamental problem with paying for it especially thee younger ones.

IMHO you're right !

I agree with you !

[/color]

Americans have a reputation for being good payers however this could just be that the bulk of American guys going are over 40 and therefore have bigger wallets.

Me too!

Only for over 40!

I'm not American and I haven't a big wallet!
:(

[/color]

STH

Says ib13:

I've heard exactly the same & the french being quite similar to italians here :-/

Now to the case at hand I think she forgot him either 'cos she got too many BF's already or that she don't particularly liked him or perhaps she just haven't learnt to sms yet. ..

The thing that sound me strange is that "SHE" asked me to write her e-mail and to be in touch until my next trip in BKK.

I have lurked this ( and other forums) for a lot of time in the past months and this was my second trip to LOS in two years ( with a natural and intensive butterflying in BKK,Pattaya, Samui, Chiang Mai ).
;)

So, I'm not a expert, but I'm not a total newbie.

I have sent some e-mail to other BGs that I met in the first trip and I have always had a quick answer.

For this reason, it sound a little strange to me that she doesn't reply to me.

I'm only curious about her behavior.

She wasn't the only BG that I BFed

She wasn't the first...

She will not the last... ( I hope :
:)

[/color]

best tip: just hit SC again next trip & if that same girl is not there or not really interested then a dozen others are!

I have seen !
;)

BTW, Long Gun is the best go-go bar in BKK , IMHO!
:)

Best Regards

[/color]

enjoy!

Just a small point - some Thai phones cannot receive SMS from outside the country or maybe even from other mobile companies.

I have tried this with lady in Bkk and she doesn't get my SMS and I know for a fact that she has tried sending me some.

You could of course apply the four F's to this situation.

Find them - which you did,

Feel them - which you also did,

F....K them - which I assume you did,

Forget them - which you may have to do now.

Seashark, just my two satang, but if you're new to LOS and this is one of your first few trips, then understand that this may happen and they can make you seem like the most special person in the world for the time you have spent with her and after you are gone, that's it. Finis! Get used to it and move on. Not all are like that of course, but you'll come across all types of girls.

However, if you are a regular traveler, as I suppose you are, then, with all due respect, you should know better. You can't be under any grand illusion that each girl you spend time with has grown emotionally attached to us. She may have asked for the e mail out of politeness with no intention of corresponding or she really wanted to remain in contact. Who knows, and I suspect you never will. She could be wanting to contact you but as others have said, some logical explanation for it. Me, being a bit of a cynic, would think the worst and simply move on. You had a great couple days with her and its easy to get emotionally involved.

If you grew attached her, and long to meet her again, there's nothing wrong with that. We are, after all, human and can get emotionally attached as I have said. However, in this instance you may be setting yourself up for potential heartbreak. Take it all with a grain of salt, possibly even visit her bar, but personally I would move on if I thought if I saw her again I'd be too attached emotionally.

SS,

I don't think it's right to say one group of people is cheap while another are big spenders. ::

Living here I see both sides of that coin. People regardless of where they come from spend what they feel comfortable with. :)

I know lots of free spenders from all over the World and know just as many cheap Charlies. :o

After all, those who come to LOS do so to have fun, no matter what the cost, right :: ::

Just my two baht worth ::

>Two LT with her and my last evening in BKK I met her in the bar. No bar fine ( I had flight in the night) but a good time togheter in the bar with her talking and kissing.

DD, does this indicate a great spender? And he did not know what to say when I asked him why did not he pay the bf on that night. He just disagreed that Italians were cheap charlies.

Am I generalizing here? Possibly, not my opinion, just conveying what about 10 girls told me.

We should teach them that generalizations are not good.

TTM,

I am not sure what your point is. ::

All I was saying is that no matter what nationality you are.

There will be people from your country that are both free spenders and cheap charlies. :)

I really don't think that one particular nationality is considered the cheapest. :: nor do I think that one is know for it's free spending habits :)

Besides your basing your opinion on what 10 BG's told you. ::

Not exactly scientific... ::

If a BG asks you where you're from, she will most likely say that's her favorite place :o That is until the next guy comes along ::

Archived