Replying to a BG's exhorbitant L/T price

rookie

So, you've been chatting up what you hope will be your chosen lady for the night. You've had some good conversation as you sip your respective drinks and finally you ask her to go L/T, to which she readily agrees.

Then, unlike some, I always inquire as to how much....and sometimes the gal will reply with what I consider an outrageous sum...like 3-5K Baht. Bear in mind that I don't spend much time in BKK, where prices are higher, but usually reside in Pattaya.

When I'm hit with what I consider exhorbitant fees, I smile and reply 'khao jai mai..nung wan, mai nung ar-tit' (you don't understand...one night, not one week!). This usually brings a smile from the gal and opens the door for some friendly negotiation.

So, inquiring minds are curious...what are some of the approaches others take??

'rookie'

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't come across much overcharging in Pattaya and that is because I stick to the open bars rather than the gogos. The girls in the gogos are too professional in their fee structure, and they often deliver less. Overcharging is a far greater problem in Bangkok. I seldom end up paying more than 1000 baht including the barfine.

As far as I am concerned if a girl wants more than 1000 it is her right to ask. I wont pay much above the line even if she is a stunner. The reason for that is having a stunner won't guarantee you a good time.

My experience is hat the amount you pay is not directly proportional to the enjoyment you receive.

I usually get the feeling that if the girl wants too much money she's not too willing to go with me and that means the service is not going to be good. So I always stick to the girls who are happy with my 1000 baht. Maybe sometime I will take the best looking girl I've ever seen and pay that 5000 baht though...

I don't know if the same principle applies, but when negoiating for any product or service, I generally:

- try to discipline myself and put myself in the frame of mine that there is nothing I want so badly that I will pay any price for.

- put myself on guard if I am quoted a price that is outrageously high. I regard this as an attempt to exploit my ignorance. Even if the price quickly comes down to a reasonable level, I remain suspicious and will need a pretty compeling reason to go through with the transaction.

On a related note, it is a very good idea to go shopping for a product or service in an area where there are many similiar products or services available. This gives you the option to shop for the best price; a rational vendor should be aware of this fact and save everyone some time and hassle by offering you a reasonable price to start with.

Thai vendors are rational, aren't they? ::

Harlequin

He, he! I like that line. I'll remember it.

Don't do many l/t, but this last trip (2 weeks ago) had very little problem getting 1K s/t in BKK and 1200/1500 l/t in BKK. Of course, I tend to tip well for good service/attitude, so it always costs more. :: :: Girls were always open to some negotiation, but never experienced the outrageously high starting prices.

Anyway, more to the point, if the initial offer seems too high I'll smile, hesitate, then say something like "Gosh, it seems the other girls in Soi Cowboy (or wherever) are asking X." or "Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of X." Hasn't been a problem, although usually the initial price quoted has always been where it should be. But, then again, I tend to gravitate towards the slightly older ones, so maybe they're not so full of themselves anymore. ::

PhordPhan

:) :) :)

I think your line is teriffic and if you are in the pattaya price mind set, probably a good idea to bring it up. I have long since switched to the don't ask, don't tell policy. I don't ask and if she tells a price (which usually means something ridiculous), then it is time to move on. At the end of the stay, the money goes directly in her pocket or purse, not in her hand. For gg LT BKK, that's 2 white ones for me.

Hey Rookie,

I don't have your "cool under fire". When a girl quotes me anything too high I usually bark out an incredulous laugh and stare at her as if she's lost her mind! :: As you can imagine, things can only go downhill from that point. There are a couple of girls who quoted crazy prices that remain in my memory.

One was from last January. It was at the Angelwitch Bar which on this particular evening had only a few of the second tier type girls....and only one or two punters besides myself and my friend. There was one older girl who attached herself to me. She wasn't too attractive but I decided to buy her a "mercy" lady drink. This encouraged her and led to some conversation about barfining her. She said she'd like to go with me...curious..I asked her how much. "One hundred dollars" she told me....that's right...she actually gave me a quote in dollars. That was the first and so far only time I've ever had a bargirl mention dollars. After I finished braying like a donkey she left me in disgust.

The second girl was in the Thermae. She caught me just as I'd walked through the door. She spoke great English, was dressed nicely, and was kinda cute too. When she asked me if I'd been to Thailand before I decided to play with her a little bit and looked wide eyed and said.."No...This is my first trip to Thailand." We talked and chatted before she said she'd like to go with me to my hotel. I said "great...let's go!" She paused for a second and told me seriously "Well, you have to pay me, you know?" ... "Oh, OK baby...How much?" "5000 baht" She replied. Again I lost my coolness and just had to laugh at her. "Baby" I said... "I can find a girl for long time for 1000 Baht." She was already pissed off and stomping away from me. She looked over her shoulder as she was heading up the stairs.... "Sure...but they're all UGLY" she yelled as she went around the corner.

So I have no answer to your question about good ways to talk to the girls about some high quotes. I think I'll memorize your line. It sounds like a winner.

Archived