Some bars closed in Cowboy this week...

Palatkik

there are many statements and rumours around about the bars closed.

sure is only that joy was closed due to the fire!

for longgun, rawhide, toy bar, the 2 five stars and apache probably only the responsible persons for the shutdown and the owners know and i do not think, that they would always tell their staff the real reason.

i bet we will seen more closed soon!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in one of the outside bars behind the fire the other night, quite a spectacle. The power went out where we were and a few of the bars closed, including the one I was in. Reasonably pissed after an early start, I headed home, much to the disappointment of a certain girl there, who after discovering I was the worst connect 4 player in the world, assumed I would be up for it. Unfortunately, Mr Floppy was on his way after too much Heineken so an early night had to be.

Long Gun and Rawhide are both closed as a joint action because the same three individuals own the two bars.

However, it is total bullshit, as to accomplishing anything beyond fucking up revenues because the owner's of those establishments helped a farang open what is known as Long Gun 3 -- or Cactus Club, but staff are just saying "same long gun sir -- go bar there".. Long Gun 3, or whatever nomenclature you prefer now houses a small portion of both large bar's staff. Quite a few staff did go home -- til the 30th.

However, as an aside, shadow bar is also owned by the same 3 individuals, but only the large bars were closed.

It is basically a bribe issue. The understanding is the police were not bribed properly -- as usual. Basically the interior minister's policies are hysterical because built into the prices of the farang bars is a farang TAX i.e. bribe for Thai police because they are underpaid -- defeating any ability to truly execute the decency issues, or underage issues.

The minister would have to raise the salaries and basically implement IA in Thailand to succeed in his mouthpiece. In the meantime I saw the Long Gun mamasan cry for the first time. se la vie.

cheers,

numbers

Hi dave,

Long Gun is not just closed till the 30th but has changed its name. It is now Lucky Star. The reason for this, so I am told, is that the licences of the bars are all in their original names and the police insist that the name on the outside of the bar must be the same as the name on the licence. Shark is due to change to Noodle and After Skool has already changed to Sunshine.

Personally I think this is a great example of effective police work by the Thong Lor men in brown. Bars using the name on the licence will have a dramatic effect on underage problems, drug use etc.

Joy Bar is operating again in different premises - two bars or so along the street in the previously closed Tony's.

Khwai

Archived