Some bars closed in Cowboy this week...

Palatkik

Haven't seen this mentioned on this board..but last night I noticed signs outside Long Gun, Rawhide, Toy to name a few saying they were shut until Dec 29 or thereabouts. Way to go boys with the hols coming up!

Also a fire in Joy(?) bar lit up the street for a while. The gf said she saw it on TV and there were reports of a thousand patrons escaping the inferno! Bit of an overstatement perhaps!

Cheers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Palatkik,

Saw the same signs myself - I thought re-opening was 30th December. The fire at Joy Bar caused great excitement and there maybe were 1,000 people stnding around watching it all. The fire was very fierce and took maybe an hour or more to put out. Lots of smoke and probable impact on neighbouring bars, putting them out of action for a while until they clear up the mess.

Khwai

'Traipsed through SC Tuesday night, Our Place was open for business as usual, as was the place on opposite side of Joy's - but only Joy's was closed by the after-effects of the fire (and looking pretty pathetic, on the outside).

Signs up on both Toy and Longgun bars - didn't bother to read them. Toy Bar was locked up tight. Longgun door was physically open, with lights on and deserted inside, and with some dejected looking girls sitting quietly at tables outside - I guess maybe there isn't room at neighboring bars for all of the Longgun girls.

"Let the good times roll!"

The Fighting Fish

>The fire at Joy Bar caused great excitement and there maybe were 1,000 people stnding around watching

Ah I must have arrived too late after watching the Angle Witch show. All I saw was a soggy soi and an extinguished Joy bar. Saddest part for me though is Toy bar being locked up. One of my favs.

Cheers,

The GF was on the phone to some of her mates back in Thailand yesterday and was told that the bars in SC which are closed (other than the one in the fire) is due to some unsucceful urine test from some of the girls. Apparently the taking of yabba leads to "purple" urine. Don't know how true it is!

Archived